_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Panzer II ausf F from Dragon
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 07:42 PM UTC
Dragon have officially announced the release of their Pzr II ausf F.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 09:22 PM UTC
I am guessing that they will be branded as CyberHobby kits for North America and Japan then.

Since after all the Pz III J we just got had an insert from DragonUSA with it marked as a Cyberhobby kit.

Jim
OPS_clown
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am guessing that they will be branded as CyberHobby kits for North America and Japan then.

Correct. I got the cyberhobby email notice for pre orders right before I went to bed.

It would be interesting to build this kit, and the venerable Tamiya kit side by side...

Kudos to Dragon for producing a kit of a German tank with a higher production run than 2! 'Bout Time!
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 11:59 PM UTC
The CyberHobby version with the free gift that was announced a few days ago is a DragonUSA exclusive, I would imaging the domestic Japanese market will have something similar going on.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 05:24 AM UTC
This ought to satisfy the hopes of many that DML would bring out a Pz II after they did the Marder II. Looking forward to it, the early war tanks and tankettes have always held a fascination for me. Considering the age of the Tamiya offering, this one ought to be very welcome indeed.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:10 AM UTC
I ordered one from Dragon USA, this way I can put it on the shelf with the unbuilt panzer 1's to keep them company.

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 12:39 PM UTC
I wonder why this version isn't for sale in N.America or Japan
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 12:52 PM UTC
Having checked the Dragon USA site, it seems like just a regular new kit, really didn't see anyhing super duper about it, except they toss in a figure set for free. I wouldn't be surprised if a month after CyberHobbies are gone, the earlier version will suddenly appear along with the various and usual updates and corrections. But it certainly has to be better than the Tamyia one from the 70's.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 01:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This ought to satisfy the hopes of many that DML would bring out a Pz II after they did the Marder II.

It might, but I wish Dragon had made it available as one of their "regular" releases as opposed to a Cyber-hobby release. Maybe they'll release a different ausf. later??

Quoted Text

I wonder why this version isn't for sale in N.America or Japan

It will be Chad, it just happened that the poster Pat put in the thread was the one for countries other than North America and Japan. You can go to cyber-hobby.com and order it.

Mike
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 01:08 PM UTC
I went ahead a pre-ordered that and the other just announced kit. I missed out on the Kubelwagen radio car, so I thougth I would get these.

I do agree it is nice of them to add these.

C|:-)
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 02:14 PM UTC
The thing is, the kit number on this is #6263 which has been touted in their catalog and online as a "Secret Item"....but now its going to be a Cyber Hobby kit???

vtrockin
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 03:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The thing is, the kit number on this is #6263 which has been touted in their catalog and online as a "Secret Item"....but now its going to be a Cyber Hobby kit???

I think it's more a distribution and co-branding by Cyber-hobby. It's not a numbered Cyber-hobby 'boutique' kit. It's not shown as a CH #20 kit.

I wonder if they do this to give advertising to Cyberhobby and DragonUSAonline.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 07:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It will be Chad, it just happened that the poster Pat put in the thread was the one for countries other than North America and Japan. You can go to cyber-hobby.com and order it.

The poster I put up came directly from the folks at Dragon with the attached message

Please notice that this item is not available from Dragon in North America and Japan, you’ll notice that on the poster =)
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:09 PM UTC
Looks very good. One of these will find its way into my stash and hopefully be build at some point

Does anybody know what colour schemes are included in the kit? Difficult to see from the decal sheet as it is very small in the poster.
shado67
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 220 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:17 AM UTC
I dont undertand the logic of Dragon:

- M4A1(76) - magic tracks (not really magic - pain in [auto-censored] to build).
Sherman tracks dont sag!
- M4A2 - DS Tracks - good call as sherman tracks dont sag!
- M4A3E8 Thunderbolt VII- magic tracks again
- M51 Isherman - DS Tracks - good call as they dont sag on the real thing
- Tiger 1 Late (New Release) - DS Tracks
- Panzer II F - Magic tracks. If any subject cries for DS tracks its the tiny track links of the Pzr II which dont sag ont he real thing.

I wonder if the Pzr II F was actually designed a few years ago and finally produced (appears to be a limited run).
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:21 AM UTC
Mike, I dont believe it is a limited release, its available from DragonUSAonline and CyberHobby in Japan, for those such as myself that dont live in either of those two countries it will be a regular lhs buy item.
shado67
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 220 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, I dont believe it is a limited release, its available from DragonUSAonline and CyberHobby in Japan, for those such as myself that dont live in either of those two countries it will be a regular lhs buy item.

If its not available at a LHS or reasonably priced at a e-retailer, then its a limited release in my book. It may be mainstream in Europe but if Cyberhobby is the exclusive dealer in the Us than its a limited release here in the US.
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

If its not available at a LHS or reasonably priced at a e-retailer, then its a limited release in my book. It may be mainstream in Europe but if Cyberhobby is the exclusive dealer in the Us than its a limited release here in the US.

In a way your right in that it is only available from DragonUSAOnline not from lhs's, but you guys get the free gift which we Europeans dont so thats the sweetener to make up for that, but its not a one production run kit like the numbered Cyber-Hobby kits.
 _GOTOTOP