_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
DML's New Pz1 - Full Photo Report
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
Just posted, a full photo-report on DML''s Modified Pz 1 in 1/35th scale. The Photo-report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hoorah another panzer IA.. Let's hope this one will be a bit more accurate then the earlier Panzer IA Smartkit they have reproduced. Everything in the interior seems to be Ok as far as I can see from those pictures. Looks quite promising. Will be getting one when it comes out... you never have enough panzer I's
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 08:01 AM UTC
Have to do some research on this one, didn't realize there was a "modified" version of the Pz I-A. The interior details look nice on the turret in particular.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 05:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have to do some research on this one, didn't realize there was a "modified" version of the Pz I-A. The interior details look nice on the turret in particular.

Several official modifications were authorized to be made in the field after issue. Most were in the 1936-37 time frame. This is according to Panzer Tracts #1-1. Just got this the other day. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 06:10 PM UTC
And I though they're giving us a 20mm PZ1 version Oh well. Love them PZ1s. You just can't have enough of them.
Negrillo
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:39 AM UTC
Hmmm,

I wonder if Dragon have staggered the return rollers ?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
Im in the process of building the 3´n´1 Kleiner Panzerbefehlwagen 1 at the moment, and this is a fine little kit ... and Im sure with even more refinement and improvements the new version will be a stunner.
One thing Im glad for though, is they have new magic tracks with better details. The tracks supplied in the kit above come on the sprue with 5 attachment points and I must say they are the most tedious clean-up of indy tracks, Ive ever had. They´re very fragile into the bargin and the fine flash makes them a tight fit. No track pin detail either. Looking at the drawings in the advert, they look so much better, and to be able to skip cleanup, is a major step in the right direction.
I´ll look forward to this one .. sounds promising.
ADNeate
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 03:40 PM UTC
I wish they did the tracks in DS as one whole band, I gave up on my Panzer I A awhile ago cause the Magic Tracks were just too damn small to get right. Sometimes I honestly think Individual track links are a bit overrated, does everything they make really have to have indy links? They made DS tracks for the Tiger I but the Panzer I A's microsized tracks are just fine! Sometimes I wonder what goes through their heads when they think up new kits.
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
Armorama: 805 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 04:04 PM UTC
Looks like a beautiful ( and probably very affordable) little kit. Makes me want to do a dio with it in France after looking at the boxtop.
 _GOTOTOP