_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
1/6 Kettenkrad from Dragon
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:47 PM UTC
Could this be the start of something big? A 1/6 scale Kettenkrad from Dragon.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:54 PM UTC
Looks pretty decent.

Pretty big I have a few things in large scale.

Think I have one in 1/9 scale or is that a Motorcycle?

But only drawback is where to keep them if you build them.

Dust is a bad thing

I am thinking of building a display case that is deep and large,to hold some 1/16 scale stuff.

So any price on this thing
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:12 PM UTC
Thanks for the news Pat.

Didn't DML do large scale bikes a few years ago? Or am I thinking of another manufacturer?

Do you think this is a new line? Or just something to accessorise their 'battle-field Barbies'?

Rudi
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Didn't DML do large scale bikes a few years ago? Or am I thinking of another manufacturer?

Do you think this is a new line? Or just something to accessorise their 'battle-field Barbies'?

Rudi

I know Esci did 1/9 scale bikes. I actually won the Esci Kettenkrad in a modelling competition in my teens, unfortunately it ended up in a skip when i left home they were reboxed by Italeri?

As to whether this is the start of a new line or something to accessorise their 'battle-field Barbies it's being produced as a model and not in the usual way those accessories are produced.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:35 PM UTC
I find it such a pity that things are in such a wide range of incompatible scales. 1/72, 1/35 and 1/16 figs, 1/6, 1/9 and 1/12 bikes, 1/12, 1/18 and 1/24 civilian cars and trucks, and then 1/16, 1/48 and 1/35 military vehicles. Wouldn't it be great if there was some standardization? Imagine the possiblities for dios if we could use civilian vehicles in them.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Rudi

I know Esci did 1/9 scale bikes. I actually won the Esci Kettenkrad in a modelling competition in my teens, unfortunately it ended up in a skip when i left home they were reboxed by Italeri?

As to whether this is the start of a new line or something to accessorise their 'battle-field Barbies it's being produced as a model and not in the usual way those accessories are produced.

Yes that is the one I own .

Paid like $59.00 for it about 4 years ago
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 08:19 AM UTC
I wonder if this kit is Dragon's "battle barbie" Kettenkraftrad, just sold unassembled or is it actually a new tooling?

From large close-up images it looks like there are no clear parts for headlight lens and marker lights?...

EDIT: I just checked images of "battle barbie" Kettenkraftrad on DML website and now I'm almost sure the new kit is just their earlier model, sold as a kit this time.

Pawel
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 08:39 AM UTC
Looking at the art work, does that mean we are going to get a 1/6 glider?
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC
Any idea of the price point?

Cheers,

Christophe
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Didn't DML do large scale bikes a few years ago?

DML had 1:9 bikes that comes with a figure -- if I recall there were 3 kits in that series, a bit hard to find nowadays I guess. Bought their 1:9 Kettenkrad with a Gebirgsjager figure from a sale a year ago. The box has ESCI-ERTL stamped on it so I'd think it was a collaboration between the two.
apecs999
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 04:21 AM UTC
I am in the process of building this kit, and there are some issues: 1. I had a part missing, and Dragon is supposed to be sending me a replacement (no biggie, I know); 2. to assemble the gear shift lever into the lever shift guide, the instructions show that you simply insert the lever into the guide. The problem is that the gear shift has a knob on the top and a a base plate on the other end. You cannot put this into the shift guide without removing either the knob or the base plate, then glueing it back on; 3. the instruction photographs are very difficult to interpret sometimes and figuring out exactly which part they are referring to is a challange at times. You definately have to look at the box photos; 4. biggest gripe - NO ENGINE! While it comes with a resin transmission, there is no engine, even though the engine compartment can be opened. This is really disappointing, especially since this kit's "sister", the 1/6 DiD GI Joe pre-assembled model has a very nicely detailed Opel engine. I simply can't understand why Dragon did this, especially since the kit costs just about as much or more!

All-in-all, it a nice kit, but I almost feel that Dragon rushed this one into production without thorough research and quality control.
 _GOTOTOP