_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
AFV Club - Stryker Image Update
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 09:41 PM UTC
As an update to the story we ran back in July, we are now able to bring you more images of AFV Club''s latest Stryker variant - AF35130 - M1130 Stryker CV/TACP. The new kit will be released in September:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 01:13 AM UTC
looks great, I like the magic shovel on the side too
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
I so glad that a company saw the worth (both for them and modellers) in making at least the majority of the vehicle variants. Can't wait for this, though I wonder what'll be used for the antennas. BTW what is the light bulb near the rear air guard hatches (Bob?)

Jeff
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 02:00 AM UTC
Jeff, that is just another antenna. I forget what it is for though.

Bob
2CAVTrooper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 08:02 AM UTC
As much as I hate the stryker, and thoroughly resent the fact they made 2nd Armored CAVALRY Regiment into a infantry unit I may buy this just for the fact that it is what the regiment has.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 07:52 PM UTC
Alright, I'm confused here. Is this an add-on detail set for the base Styrker or the entire kit? If the entire kit, wouldn't it be better to just make these additional details wich can be bought seperately? I mean no one ones to buy a whole kit just to get the details when the bases of the model is the same as the original. Or am I misunderstanding something here?
Boggie
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
KitMaker: 1,370 posts
Armorama: 1,331 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:53 PM UTC
Charles
Exactly my thoughts. Why not do what AFV did with their RWS, a small affordable addition.
Bill
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 12:11 AM UTC
They might aswell just produce it as a whole kit. If they did it as a detail set you would still have to buy the stryker base kit and would end up costing us more money. Its just easier as a whole kit, I cant see any reason for doing a detail set. The RWS is sold seperate becuase it can be used to detail the trumpeter kit and added to other vehicles.

Im pleased they are releaseing this, im hopeful they will do most of the varients, the medivac vehicle would be cool.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 08:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They might aswell just produce it as a whole kit. If they did it as a detail set you would still have to buy the stryker base kit and would end up costing us more money. Its just easier as a whole kit, I cant see any reason for doing a detail set. The RWS is sold seperate becuase it can be used to detail the trumpeter kit and added to other vehicles.

Im pleased they are releaseing this, im hopeful they will do most of the varients, the medivac vehicle would be cool.

You're missing the point. If I already have the kit and want to make those changes to get that variant, why do I have to buy another kit again? Let them release the kit but make it available as an add-on accessory as well. Why make things complicated???? Nothing strange about going this route. After all, the stryker is the same as thier first release.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 08:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're missing the point. If I already have the kit and want to make those changes to get that variant, why do I have to buy another kit again? Let them release the kit but make it available as an add-on accessory as well. Why make things complicated???? Nothing strange about going this route. After all, the stryker is the same as thier first release.

I had the same idea for DML/AFV for their 251 series.
Sell a generic base kit and then sell plastic 'conversions' in a box about the same size of the DML figure boxes with full instructions for building with these new parts.

Seems like it would be a good way to go, but what do I know...
Mike
Boggie
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
KitMaker: 1,370 posts
Armorama: 1,331 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 09:27 AM UTC
I bought the original AFV kit too and now I see that I'd like the newer version but instead I'll just keep what I have. I broke my own rule and got caught up in the Stryker madness. I usually don't buy anything until a year later, that way I have a good overview of after market sets and reviews.
Bill
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright, I'm confused here. Is this an add-on detail set for the base Styrker or the entire kit? If the entire kit, wouldn't it be better to just make these additional details wich can be bought seperately? I mean no one ones to buy a whole kit just to get the details when the bases of the model is the same as the original. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

This was exactly my point. The purpose of a company is to make money. So it is financially beneficial for the company to make multiple kits with small to large changes - Tamiya anyone? (ie the MGS kit will be much different than the CV kit in terms of parts). So its good for the kit maker, but its also good for the modeller because he gets all this variety, even if it seems more expensive.

In the overall scheme, its cheaper to make the ICV kit, throw in the CV parts in the same box and be done with it, rather than package two different sets with two sets of paper for instructions, etc.

Jeff
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 05:26 PM UTC
Okay,if that is the issue with these money grabbbing companies than again, they can go ahead and do it, but add another option to it for those that do not want to buy the kit. That's all I'm saying. Make money but please the masses.
 _GOTOTOP