_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Eduard's September Releases
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:56 AM UTC
Just published, News of all of Eduard''s new releases for september 2007. A lot of new releases, but within the ''spectacular'' category, is undoubtedly the Slat Armor for the Stryker... The full story can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Mig_Jimenez
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 200 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 08:45 AM UTC
The Stryker armor is just fantastic, and I cannot wait to see someone using it .
Please, please, please....any modeller...use it in next stryker. I was dreaming with this version, but of course I am not who will suicide my self .

Bravo EDUARD!!!

MIG
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
Armorama: 1,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 12:59 PM UTC
Mig--check out Miloslav's thread in the modern armor forum for his Stryker with the slat armor. He used a pre-production version of the Eduard set. It is truly astounding!

It also made my hands hurt just from looking at it and thinking of the effort involved.
Zed
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 05:16 PM UTC
I have a bit of a concern about this set as the pics show that it is meant to be fitted direct to the hull rather than the side blast plates which are mounted on bolts about 3 inches from the hull. This would mean that you have to cut the tubular supports to model an accurate slat armour stryker.

Similarly the tubular supports/fittings are meant to be bent into shape and presumably glued from flat pe pieces...which will be a hard job especially when you consider that they have to remain straight and square.

It still looks good but I might wait to see the Voyager kit which i have heard is around the corner.

Nick
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 10:18 PM UTC
The slat armor is listed as "NEW-in stock" at Squadron for $49.46.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 02:19 AM UTC
I got Voyager Model's PE set for the AFV Club Stryker in the mail the other day and on the directions they are also coming out with a Stryker Slat armor for the AFV Club kit. Also Eduard is supposed to come out with a Slat Armor Set specifically for the AFV Club kit that is more accurate then the set for the Trumpeter kit.

Personally I'll put my money on the Voyager set, since they seem to have a better approach to doing things vs Eduard when it comes to PE.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 03:19 AM UTC
Not to mention the price for Voyager stuff is always a bargain. Either way, how the heck do you paint it mounted on the vehicle?
rcnpthfndr
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 284 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 03:48 AM UTC
its painted the same CARC green as the stryker. they come painted in the crates, then all we did was hang it after striping the stryker down
 _GOTOTOP