_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Figures Announced in 1/72 From DML
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 12:35 AM UTC
In a very welcome move for Braille-Scalers, Dragon Models have announced their first (styrene) figures in 1/72nd scale. Also announced is their latest Bradley variant in the form of an M6A2 ''Linebacker''. Details and images of these (future) releases, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 02:55 AM UTC
Whilst it is great to see DML doing braille scale figures, the choice leaves me disapointed. Companies like AB Figures spoil Braille Scalers with their outstanding range of figures - but "only "for WW2 (not trying to be ungrateful there, the quality and diversity is incredible).

To me it seems what is really needed is some modern US figures to go with all those wee Bradleys and Ambrams and Humvees that Dragon do.
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 - 08:38 AM UTC
Bravo to Dragon!!!
Finally braille scalers will have some hard plastic figures available.
And the quality...
These figures - and the others sold with Dragon Dios till now - are the best figures ever seen in 1/72 scale.
I hope that Dragon will soon issue more.
petros
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 04:43 PM UTC
What Dragon needs to do is release all of their 1/35 scale figures in 1/72 scale. I would by several sets of the modern figures, especially the British SAS, Russian Spetznatz, US sniper set and US Airborne (the one with the two figures and Harley Motorcycle) set along with the German GSG sets.
Charlie.
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 469 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 01:58 PM UTC
Wow, I watching this very closely. I personally dont want to buy a king tiger just for the figs. But if this takes off well for Dragon, then we might expect more perhaps figure box sets to follow (which is what I'm hoping for).

I understand that they released a bunch of US GI's (scaled down from the 1/35 sets) to go with their LCM3 in braille quite some time ago. There some excitement with that release which seemed to die off pretty quickly. From the pics the figs seemed to be quite ok, anyone has first hand experience with these figs? Problem is, I dont think people would buy the LCM 3 just for the figs.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 06:49 AM UTC
 _GOTOTOP