_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
MiniArt - Image Report from NBerg
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 03:39 PM UTC
The latest in the Nuremberg reports looks at the future and imminent figure releases from MiniArt Limited in 1/35th scale.

Just why has it taken 30 years to release Jeep crews in 1/35th scale?

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:04 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Thanks for these. Whilst most have been mentioned already in other posts it's nice to see some clear pictures of what's coming up and in one place.

I have to say Miniart have got themselves a great sculptor, they really get the "body language" into their little figures. I've started the German Tank Repair crew and love the poses, very lifelike.

Looking at the Russian soldiers riding on the tank towing a field gun I really want to buy this set to make, and I normally favour German WW2 subjects. Inspiring.

If I had any criticism at all, and its only minor, is that the heads/faces do appear to be very similar. Maybe not the same person but closely related Maybe they come from the same village deep in the Russian countryside .....

Easily fixed with some aftermarket heads from Roger Saunders etc.

Great stuff Miniart.

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Whilst most have been mentioned already in other posts it's nice to see some clear pictures of what's coming up and in one place.

Exactly - one thing is the mention in a thread another thing is a permament record in a News Report. This, however, isn't the end of the story. I'll be doing another report on their building kits/diorama sets which are becoming a very exciting part of their release program.

The coming months will also see a series of 'In-Progress' reports as they have promised to send us images as work progresses. There is also going to be some very interesting news from them over future vehicle releases - watch this space!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:25 PM UTC
Thanks for the pics, Jim. Thise Soviet tank riders are really nice.. as is the jeep crew.

I agree with Alan about the faces. I heard that the guy who sculpts their figures also sculpts the TANK figures. And you can see the resemblance also between Miniart and TANK faces. But that's not really a problem with the abundance of Hornet heads.

Jim.. did they say why their jeep kits are taking so long while other vehicles are being released? Is that jeep in the pic theirs or did they just use another company's kit to show off their figures?

Thanks again, and looking forward to more reports from you.

Hisham
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is that jeep in the pic theirs or did they just use another company's kit to show off their figures?

They used the Tamiya jeep
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:52 PM UTC
Hi,

Thanks Jim for this report !
I cannot wait for the rest of the information.
looking at the MP set, I'M immediately thinking to the german spy dressed in US MP uniform Ardennes Battle..
Alan: How can you be so unjust. !!!?? have you forgot ten years of ugly faces figures : Tamiya, Italeri, academy, heller and so on ? Dragon brought a little improvement, but sorry to say that in 300 kits, they all looks like twins..
yes there is a bit of similarity between the Miniart faces, but that's the style of the sculptor, and you can also say that caps are done the same way,curves etc...
Sorry but for me Miniart is the best lifelike figures producers for the moment, even before Masterbox (which is doing progress on faces, but theit figures doesn't looks as natural as masterbox one).

Jim, by the way, b chance you don't have pictures of the 2008 catalogue, beause the pics on the masterbox site are so tinies....

Best,
Julien
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:53 PM UTC
Well that's the driver of my Tamiya jeep destined for replacement.

And early war tank riders - who also actually look like they have gear in their packs - wonders will never cease!

The years of ranting have finally paid off

David
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 05:01 PM UTC
Some very attractive sets, that will ensure my previous trend of buying all there releases when it comes to figures.

More US troops plz - my HST needs a crew

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 05:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alan: How can you be so unjust. !!!?? have you forgot ten years of ugly faces figures : Tamiya, Italeri, academy, heller and so on ? Dragon brought a little improvement, but sorry to say that in 300 kits, they all looks like twins..
yes there is a bit of similarity between the Miniart faces, but that's the style of the sculptor, and you can also say that caps are done the same way,curves etc...

Julien

Hi Julien

Ten years of ugly faces...I can go back longer than that, 30 years.

I have waiting to be chucked away, unless I can find another use for them, original Tamiya figures of the 1960- 1970's brought with my hard earned (yeah right) pocket money. Vertically challenged is only the beginning of their faults !!

Coming back to modelling after 30 years away the changes have been truly impressive, not least the figures available.

Most injection moulded figures seem to have a very similar face to them across each manufactures range and I guess it's one of the drawbacks of using the same sculptor for the masters.

I design for a living and know only to well how a particular style or look can come through in ones work and it can be difficult to overcome that sometimes.

Dragon ones are not that bad, no worse than the others, if anything they lack any change of facial expression, but their range is impressive if not lacking in imagination of late.

I guess it's because "the face" created on the Miniart/Tank figures is so distinctive that it looks so obviously the same compared to other sets.

But, please don't get me wrong, it's only a minor thing to me and would not put me off buying any of their sets, same with other manufacturers.

They and Masterbox win hands down when it comes to animation, full of interest and lifelike posture.

I wouldn't say they made the best figures unless you narrowed it down to moulded figures, because the majority of resin figures are still ahead of the game.

I intend getting many more sets of the Miniart figures but will no doubt be buying different heads to add variety.

I guess I can (appear to) be so harsh about the faces because all the other aspects are done so well.

Like I said, great figures, well done Miniart.

Now I'm looking forward to their other news.

Alan
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 06:40 PM UTC
Alan,

I agree with on all the points.
Maybe I forgot to add some to my text, it would have seems less dramatic.
Don't get me wrong, Alan, I wasn't telling you are an harsh guy, I was just surprised that you complain althought the last three years are golden years for figurinist like us.
best to you my friend !

Julien
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 06:56 PM UTC
Hi Julien

No problems, no worries. I didn't think you were being anything other than friendly.

Agree, great time to be modelling.

Just regret the missed 30 odd years not doing any ...

All the best

Alan
 _GOTOTOP