_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FEATURE
Sokol by jba
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:53 PM UTC
Hello Jean Bernard,

I thought you would not go to expos ?

So tell us please if you got any price for it. (not that it is important)

Cheers
Claude
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 - 02:44 AM UTC
Hi Claude -well this expo was at half an hour *walking* from my home so..
I arrived at the opening at 9am on saturday, left 10 mn later and took the dio back 10 mn before the closing on Sunday so you see, I am not very good at public relations
It was a fig show called Lugdunum, and no i didn't win anything -not that it was important indeed
plenty of pics of the show
thanks for asking anyway
here
peterf
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 426 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 08:06 PM UTC
Simply superb, and forget taking your work to model shows, JBA, you need a studio of your own!

Peter F
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 12:54 AM UTC
Thanks Peter, but honestly i 've always been knowing my own diorama promised land was certainly not paved with gold medals from shows
But i would still go for the friends. maybe see you at Telford in one year or 10!
Jeffrey
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 03:24 PM UTC
Jean-Bernard,

Your work as always is just spectacular. I hope to someday do a diorama so fully realized. I do follow my interests now and let them inspire me. I am growing very tired of the same old types of subjects. I am starting a figure company with my best friend and our subject matter is inspired by history, but civilian history rather then military history. Every one who has seen our first three figures has really liked them. I only hope that our figures add to the hobby the way your work does.

Best
Jeff
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 08:03 AM UTC
I just saw this, and JBA, my friend, all I can say is, you are a genius. While most dioramists try to faithfully replicate reality, you go much further, and try to replicate a moment of your self. Fantastic work.
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 01:53 AM UTC
So well, I just caught your comments while in a cybercafe in the "worse" kind of French wild west i could be stucked in and you can imagine those really cheers me up
Jeff I can only pray for your new company to be successful! And thanks David as always (very long time, very no see!!) may your inspiration still be there wherever in the world you are right now
bye for now my friends
JB
rotATOR
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 02:56 AM UTC
JBA I really admire your creative skills,such as using cigarette paper for clothes and such. Taking the time to explain your techniques and the reasons behind them is truly a learning experience for me. It would be a joy to see your projects in person. Keep it up! rR
Robby10
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 02:20 AM UTC
Wow! Just amazing.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 02:39 AM UTC
HI JBA
For some reason I never replied/posted first time around ... so I´ll do so this time. Have always loved your models, and its always great to see them brought back again. Even the still water looks great!!
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 11:30 PM UTC
Thanks Michael for unearthing such an old thing, it still looks okay after 3 years..

Than you Franck, the "reverse water" method is completely crazy to be honest and I wouldn't do this again. but i still like the way i treated the green colours.
Someday i might change the guy which is the weak point of the scene
 _GOTOTOP