_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragon's USMC M4a2 - First Images
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:38 AM UTC
Here are the first images of Dragon Models' latest version of the M4a2 - DRA 6462 - U.S. MARINES Sherman M4A2 (LATE) PTO. The full (image) report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:55 AM UTC
Ooooooh! Ahhhhh!
Looks like a very sweet kit. Nice add ons. Another one for the M4 pile.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:58 AM UTC
Take a look at the (actual) images of the track:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/message/1209575866/Dragon+Sherman+track+with+duckbills
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 07:06 AM UTC
Wow! Very nicely done....does anyone know how much it goes for? Any model shop taking advanced sales?
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 07:21 AM UTC

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the link.
I wish DML would consider releasing their various Magic Track and DS track sets as AM kits.
Cheers

jjumbo
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:36 PM UTC
It looks like Dragon have outdone themselves if the tracks are anything to go by.
postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 10:07 PM UTC
I've seen actual sprue shots and have to say that they really upgraded this kit for the better.
The choice in tracks is for sure a big plus.

Frank.
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
Armorama: 473 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 05:58 PM UTC
The kit looks great and the fact that you get an extra set of tracks is to much to resist and if I buy two , TWOextra sets. Could they be used on the Dragon M4A3(76)VVSS Battle of the Bulge??? The tracks in the kit have kept me from building it for years. Thanks Bob
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 06:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The kit looks great and the fact that you get an extra set of tracks is to much to resist and if I buy two , TWOextra sets. Could they be used on the Dragon M4A3(76)VVSS Battle of the Bulge??? The tracks in the kit have kept me from building it for years. Thanks Bob

A no brainer for DML to make a killing on these track sets. Particularly if they were to offerr aet of tracks & a set with EEC. If they did say T51, T48, T54 and an extended set of T62 with a pir of Idler wheels thrown in they'd be on a goldmine for the Shermaholiuc. How many DML shermans do you think are siutting around half built because of the indy links. Indy's are great for the German and Soviet modeller but not for Live US track.

A great looking kit , I wonder if we will see the new tracks (both sets) in the rumour premium Sherman M4A3 76? I had to laugh at one of the four marking options which is just an M4A2 75 dry with Wooden applique and no markings! Still, there are three other sets which is better than of late for allied stuff

DML have been a godsend for Sherman Modellers, no manners but nice kits
Al
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2008 - 03:33 AM UTC
Excellent news ! Cant wait for this one to come out. One question though why Dragon did not include wading trunks with this late M4A2. Most USMC M4A2's had them from Saipan on. Wonder if we will see one of those Cyber-Hobby update sets for this ?

I echo the call for Dragon to release their "Magic Tracks" and 1-piece tracks in DS as accessory sets. This would be great for us armor modellers and Dragon alike. Maybe some of our Staff Members who have connections with Dragon can forward this and get them to listen. We know Dragon pays attention to Armorama

Thanks for posting the news Jim. I'll be waiting to see the in-box review.

SEMPER FI, MARINES !

Carry on !!

Robert
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2008 - 07:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A no brainer for DML to make a killing on these track sets. Particularly if they were to offer a set of tracks & a set with EEC. If they did say T51, T48, T54 and an extended set of T62 with a pair of Idler wheels thrown in they'd be on a goldmine for the Shermaholic. How many DML shermans do you think are sitting around half built because of the indy links. Indy's are great for the German and Soviet modeller but not for Live US track.

AND they have the WE-210 tracks coming in the new Sherman III Sicily. So add T49 and T56 to the list and they would have the whole most-used lineup for all nations! Then do them with and without EEC's.. the money is trying to jump out of my pocket already!!
I love indy tracks but if I can get one piece live tracks of this quality the DS tracks win. If DML charged 10 bucks a set they are sure to make millions. They'll get about $300 of my money first thing!
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 05:11 AM UTC
I just got a couple of these in at the shop, and although I am partial to European Shermans, especially Canadian ones....this is a superb kit. I love the 2 sets of tracks. And echo what others are saying, that they should release the track alone, they would make a killing!!
 _GOTOTOP