_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Marder III Ausf.M from DML
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 09:00 PM UTC
Dragon Models Limited have just announced their latest Smart Kit with DRA6464 - Marder III Ausf.M Initial Production. The full report (including the CAD images) can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 09:27 PM UTC
Looks like an excellent kit! Another one to add to the ever growing stash

Thanks for the update
Rangefinder
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 08:36 AM UTC
Full report? Looks like a re-hash of Dragon marketing text from their website. Can we expect an independent look and review soon?
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
Looks pretty! Hopefully this foreshadows a DML SiG33 Grille M to replace my Alan shelf queen dog.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Full report? Looks like a re-hash of Dragon marketing text from their website. Can we expect an independent look and review soon?

I think you'll find that's why it's called a "report" and not a review and being in the "/news" section of the site could be described as a clue, rather than it being in the "/reviews" section.

I'd imagine an independent look and review of the kit will be forthcoming as soon as Dragon send out review kits to their usual sites etc.

Happy Modelling

Alan
vtrockin
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:00 AM UTC
Isn't this exactly what Cyber-Hobby just released a few weeks back, minus the Stadgas? The line between Dragon and Cyber-Hobby just gets more and more blurred, especially with the Brumbar upcoming release too. Geeesh.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 09:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you for that nice little rant - just what I enjoy seeing first thing in the morning...

It's a FULL report in the sense that there ISN'T any more information on it - what text there is, is what is available. Maybe I should invented a few more features to keep you happy? Tell me what features you'd like and i'll bear them in mind for the next news item...

The images are ALL that's available, DML only provides CAD images of it's releases, they DON'T provide sprue shots or photos of the built-up model. Not a lot I can do about that i'm afraid.

Yes, when a review is published here it WILL be independent - this is a guaranteed 'Sock-Puppet Free-Zone'
doeme1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 02:14 AM UTC
Great news! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to get one :-)

Dom
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 02:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DML doesn't provide Armorama with Review samples, so we'll be able to provide an independent look and review only if one of our users purchases the kit and supplies the necessary Review to go with it.
warmonger
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 02:56 AM UTC
Tamiya, Tristar,Cyber-hobby, and now DML (I know it and Cyber are the same company). It will be interesting to see which kit is the best.
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 03:32 AM UTC
this is great i dont know about anyone else but i am loving all these options have i said what a great time to be a modeller.thanks jim
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you for that nice little rant - just what I enjoy seeing first thing in the morning...

It's a FULL report in the sense that there ISN'T any more information on it - what text there is, is what is available. Maybe I should invented a few more features to keep you happy? Tell me what features you'd like and i'll bear them in mind for the next news item...

The images are ALL that's available, DML only provides CAD images of it's releases, they DON'T provide sprue shots or photos of the built-up model. Not a lot I can do about that i'm afraid.

Yes, when a review is published here it WILL be independent - this is a guaranteed 'Sock-Puppet Free-Zone'

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so ungrateful for something good that they enjoy for free. Jim, some of us out here, myself included, appreciate the job you guys do with the site. Keep up the good work.
Broodseinde54
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 04:10 AM UTC
hey guys,

looooong time reader, first time contribution.

does anyone actually remember the days when you would get a kit from [unmentionable manufacturer] of such suspect dimensions and detail that it would make you throw your hands up in absolute exasperation. I actually spent around 15 years out of the hobby because - among other reasons - the dimensions of a kit i bought in the 80's was so out of whack (a panther out of japan, if anyone feels like commenting!!).

these days, we worry about minor differences in suspension, minor alterations in model modifications, and we agonise about these variations in the small plastic kits we build. the fact is, i build models because i enjoy building models. i may not get every detail to the exact specifications of the Xcompany of Xdivision on the 22march 1943 (just consider the mud variations of that company on that day if they were in THAT particular position in the line), BUT I ENJOY BUILDING MY KITS, and what i produce gives me pleasure. my friends think i'm wierd, but they enjoy what i do because it makes me happy.

what i'm trying to say is this. I have wanted to do a crisp, well detailed version of the marder III for about 20 years, and if this one doesn't have the overwhelmingly accurate detail that is necessary to please everyone, i don't particularly care. dragon kits totally rock (compared to the rubbish we used to work with), i am yet to have a bad casting, or been disappointed by them since i returned to modelling last year, and i look forward to this one with such a silly grin it makes me happy to be the manchild i am. these things build themselves "straight out of the box",

love your hobby, it makes us sane (relatively)

later,

Matt

ps. so far since my return to modelling, i have only built dragon kits. i love them, the detail is amazing, and i will continue to buy them. however, are there any other builders you guys would recommend? i crave fiddly bits and accurate kits (but don't lose sleep if they're not spot on)! every manufacturer talks themselves up, but which ones deliver the goods?

help a madly eager novice,
matt.
 _GOTOTOP