_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
MiniArt - Bantam Jeep Coming Soon
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 08:48 PM UTC
MiniArt Limited have just announced that this month (June) will see the two long-awaited releases - their Bantam Jeep and their Geman Feldgendarmerie figure set. The full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Dilips
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:20 PM UTC
The Bantam jeep's release has been mentioned for about 2 years or more. There will be a Soviet llend lease and a British version too. The Soviet crew that will go with the Jeep have also been shown at a recent exhibition. A nice addition. I wish someone would make a decent Gaz-67 too.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Bantam jeep's release has been mentioned for about 2 years or more. There will be a Soviet llend lease and a British version too. The Soviet crew that will go with the Jeep have also been shown at a recent exhibition.

Not quite, but it's been down on their list for a while now. This though, following company policy means that it's going to be released in next few weeks. Yes, both the Soviet and British versions are listed on their site. I took photos of the Soviet crew for the jeep back in february at the Nuremberg trade fair.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:31 PM UTC
Excellent news.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 06:15 AM UTC
From the amount of interest this news item got... or should I say, didn't get.. I think the major manufacturers are right in not bothering much with Allied vehicles. I bet if this was some new Kubelwagon or something, then it would have gotten a lot more interest.

Any more complaints about the lack of Allied stuff?!!
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:09 AM UTC
Very cool! Although I have cut back dramatically on my 1/35 scale model purchases, this will be on my list to get. Hmm...maybe I'll have to add more pics to my Bantam gallery...

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

From the amount of interest this news item got... or should I say, didn't get.. I think the major manufacturers are right in not bothering much with Allied vehicles. I bet if this was some new Kubelwagon or something, then it would have gotten a lot more interest.

What's with the negative waves?
I'll buy 3 or 4 of these!
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I for one am not complaining !!
While I like all the oddball, one-off German vehicles, this kit will certainly be a welcome change of pace.
There may have only been 2605 Bantam BRC -40 "Jeeps" built but anything new, Allied and rare is a nice change.
I'm looking forward to the Soviet and British/Commonwealth versions.
Kudos to MiniArt for their willingness to think outside the box !!
Cheers

jjumbo
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:44 AM UTC
No negative waves or anything. If you check the earlier threads, you'll notice I started one with the pic expressing excitement that it's finally becoming a reality.

I myself can't wait to get a couple of them.

It's just that when I compare the kind of responses a new german release gets with the responses an Allied release gets, I kind of underastand why most major manufacturers concentrate more on German stuff, that's all.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:54 AM UTC
Actually, German being more popular than Allied is a bit of a myth certainly as far as ^Page Views' are concerned in the News Section. Allied is (NOW) virtually always outstripping German - there are exceptions such as the Sd.Kfz 7, but the announcement of a new M4 or an Allied figure set causes MUCH more impact than a German release. Curious, but true...
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 07:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No negative waves or anything. If you check the earlier threads, you'll notice I started one with the pic expressing excitement that it's finally becoming a reality.

I myself can't wait to get a couple of them.

It's just that when I compare the kind of responses a new german release gets with the responses an Allied release gets, I kind of underastand why most major manufacturers concentrate more on German stuff, that's all.

That is simply because Allied modelers are much more refined and do not go in for boisterous hoots and hollers .
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 08:03 AM UTC
Good save, Mathew...
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC
The figures work great with the Bantam, the kit will make a nice little vignette OOB. Like the German Feldgenarms, the figures work as stand alones as well, kudos to MiniArt for that. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the Soviet Jeep crew, so that I can start my Ford GPA (too much on the WB right now anyway ) I want the Feldgenarms was well, so I have some inspiration to finish projects at the moent.
Shadowfax
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 05:12 PM UTC
That "Jeep" looks pretty sweet. I wonder if this one way of getting around the licensing cost for using the name "JEEP"? More power to them.

The figures look nice too. I am nearing completion of both the Tamiya Jeep and the old Skybow M38 Jeep. Always nice to crew it out. My only complaint about the Jeep crew, is their "sour puss" faces. I guess that's why Hornet is suck a popular company... LOL

Thanks Jim,
Shadowfax, aka. Mark L.
mullig0n
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 01:36 AM UTC
I'm actually not suprised that Allied kits like this are beginning to generate more interest than their German counterparts. With the market being flooded by German figures for so long now, all these Allied / Russian kits that are appearing feel like a breath of fresh air to me! Well done to MiniArt - a really nice kit! Can't wait to get my hands on one!
 _GOTOTOP