_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Alpine Miniatures' Latest
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 12:42 AM UTC
Alpine Miniatures have just announced their latest figure releases in 1/35th scale. The full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Stukazoo
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 04:22 AM UTC
A disappointing release. Compared to the standard these are certainly well below. The guy with the binoculars looks like an old London bus conductor!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A disappointing release. Compared to the standard these are certainly well below. The guy with the binoculars looks like an old London bus conductor!

Well you are entitled to your opinion but I think these are very nice, and you are incorrect in your statement "well below standard" otherwise they'ed never made it to the masters stage let alone production knowing Alpines exacting standards. Sure they are different in style/features to the bulk of Alpine figures but the fact they were not sculpted by Taesung Harmms may account for that.

Whilst made under instruction from him they do exhibit the individual style of the sculptor Yoshitaka Hirano. Who in case you didn't know, is a highly respected figure sculptor who has been sort out and given commissions by most of the figure producing companies over the years and has books published on his diorama and figure work.

Alan
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 - 01:52 AM UTC

Thanks Alan

The right scene sets the moment.Realism and creativity goes a long way

ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi

Don't get me wrong I love Alpine Miniatures and have most of them and I have brought four of the Modern OIF tank crew. I would though have to say in doing figures I would reduce buying these figures due to alot of them being in the same poses. I have no issue with the quality of price as they are both 10/10 but I just want more of these figures to be in different poses. If the poses continue to stay the same I will have less reason to by the new releases.
This isn't met to be negative but just one buyers comments and thoughts on this subject.
Ryally
Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:07 AM UTC
I've expressed essentially the same “concern” over at HF. Check Taesung’s response out there, if you’re interested.
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:33 PM UTC
I'm not exactly sure what you can do with these figures.
 _GOTOTOP