_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Miniart European Street Dio Base
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 03:06 AM UTC
Miniart have announced the release of another vacuform diorama base.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Martinez
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 07:24 AM UTC
Hi all,

This is basically the old Polish City Building, with a new section of cobblestone. Good to have, but when you have the earlier release (like me), this one seems a bit unneccesary.

For what it's worth.

MartinD
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 08:52 AM UTC
I hope this packaging of earlier kits doesn't become a trend. I'd hate for them to lose the egde they've had so far.

Hisham
neil22
Visit this Community
Cotes-d`Armor, France
KitMaker: 292 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 09:50 AM UTC
hi
i like the look of this one but the base doesn't look very big, looks like it will only take a small vehical and/or a few figures. it would be better with a bigger base, so it could take a large tank.

neil
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is basically the old Polish City Building, with a new section of cobblestone. Good to have, but when you have the earlier release (like me), this one seems a bit unneccesary.

Only after reading your post I looked again at this and realised I too have that building it was the first vac form kit I ever attempted and I made a complete mess of it. If I see it in my LHS I will pick it up again.

Here are the dimensions of the base.

I like these ready made dio bases. I just finished making the STREET w/RUINED HOUSE,

I'll start a seperate thread on it when I take photos. I haven't decided what to put on it but it could easily accomodate a Sherman and a jeep.

Once you decide on a system to make these they go together very easily.

There is a Polish Company called TM that make similar buildings and sheets of cobblestones, Jadar stock them, Sometime I plan on using a mix of Miniart and TM buildings and cobblestone sheets to attempt a big Dio like one of Dan Capuano's.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I 'll start a seperate thread on it when I take photos. I haven't decided what to put on it but it could easily accomodate a Sherman and a jeep.

Once you decide on a system to make these they go together very easily.

There is a Polish Company called TM that make similar buildings and sheets of cobblestones, Jadar stock them, Sometime I plan on using a mix of Miniart and TM buildings and cobblestone sheets to attempt a big Dio like one of Dan Capuano's.

But before all that you're going to finish this aren't you
Pat's must finish project

Alan
 _GOTOTOP