_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Iwo Jima Shermans from Archer
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 07:13 AM UTC
Archer have issued two sets of transfers for USMC Shermans on Iwo Jima.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Fledermaus
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 236 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 07:28 AM UTC
These look interesting.

Does anyone have illustrations of the paint schemes that accompany these markings?

Thanks.

Matt
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These look interesting.

Does anyone have illustrations of the paint schemes that accompany these markings?

Thanks.

Matt

If you can get your hands on Dave Harpers book "Tank Warfare on Iwo Jima" they are covered in that. Not an expensive book and a great reference to have.
Fledermaus
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 236 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 08:35 AM UTC
Thanks Pat.
thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi Fella's

I don't mean to drag this question out.

Quoted Text

These look interesting.

Thanks.

Matt

Having brought archers before, there are no placement or paint schemes with the Decals. I have recently brought some bison decals for USMC Shermans which come with a handy and pretty detailed set of instructions for placement and schemes. Does this new set from archer come in the same form, with instructions
MrArcher
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 08:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Having brought archers before, there are no placement or paint schemes with the Decals. I have recently brought some bison decals for USMC Shermans which come with a handy and pretty detailed set of instructions for placement and schemes. Does this new set from archer come in the same form, with instructions

There are placement instructions with these sheets.

Every Sherman on Iwo had different stowage and equipment arrangements so we highly recommend that you obtain a copy of Tank Warfare On Iwo Jima by David E Harper (ISBN 978-0-89747-559-4) and use the photos and information in that book as reference.

We try to include all of the information that we KNOW to be factual when our sheets are released. If there are speculative paint schemes or other details we don't guess or make them up. Instead we try to direct the modeler to a volume that can provide much more information than can be fit on our instruction sheets. Also, many of our sheets have links to photos of the actual vehicles on our website to help the modeler by providing views of stowage and equipment that are not commonly found on instruction sheets.

To the best of my knowledge there are illustrated placement instructions included in all of our complete vehicle marking sets. Please e-mail me directly and let me know which of our complete vehicle sets do not come with placement instructions so we can correct this. My personal e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you,

Woody Vondracek, owner
AFT
 _GOTOTOP