_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
German AND French Figures from DML
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:39 AM UTC
Dragon Models have just announced a new Early-War figure set: DRA 6478 - German Armored Infantry France 1940 "Blitzkrieg in France!" . However what makes this different, is the inclusion of two French AFV Crewman. The report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:50 AM UTC
Nice to have a figure with the leather jacket tucked into the salopettes - but still no cavalry tank crew figures! (my new rant now there are early-war Red Army )

David
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 05:46 AM UTC
Hey Jim,
Looks to be an interesting set of figures.
Finally some plastic French tank crew, P.O.W.'s mind you, but very welcome.
Your comment in the News section about this probably nor heralding any French AFV's from DML is probably correct.
But, when you consider the number of French vehicles used and converted by the Germans, it probably would a good direction for DML to explore.
Heller's kits are ancient compared to what's coming out now, Trumpeter's done a few vehicles, Bronco's done a couple and Tamiya's two Char B1's and UE tractor are nice.
But what about a quality Souma S35, Lorraine tractor, Souma half-track, etc...........?
All the various versions of the Hotchkiss, Renault, Char B1 bis and UE tractor that were used by the Germans and their Allies would certainly be nice to see in plastic.
Sorry to get kinda but it's certainly an interesting question.
Cheers

jjumbo
sparky
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 08:34 AM UTC
Nice set.

I have to get one to go with my B1 bis.

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 08:45 AM UTC
I had looked around for some French crew for my Hotchkiss, but only found 1 Verlinden figure that was very static. Decided to go with some Germans as there was nothing else.

Now I´ll wait on these to complete the scene. Anybody have an idea of the approximate release date ... or how long from announcement to release??
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
I'm willing to bet that this is the wave of the future. It seems, AS FAR AS GERMAN VEHICLES GO, that the manufacturers have just about run out of variants to produce...DML are finally tapping into the 38(t) range of vehicles....other manufacturers are producing "paper" panzers.....but the early war is almost forgotten. I welcome this.....I'm very interested in WWII early vehicles from all nations.
I realy like the look and cammo patterns of the early war French vehicles. I've bought the old Heller and new Bronco & Tamiya French stuff and am looking forward to more!

Jeff
Dilips
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 05:02 PM UTC
This set reminds me of the DML set "Poland 1939" where a Polish officer is held prisoner by 3 german troops in early ww2 uniform. Of course it will go well with the new range of french armour. perhaps in the future manufacturers will look at other french subjects: The french army especially her colonial troops had some of the most distinctive uniforms: senegalese, goumiers from North Africa, foreign legionaries. etc - could make interesting subjects.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This set reminds me of the DML set "Poland 1939" where a Polish officer is held prisoner by 3 german troops in early ww2 uniform.

That "Polish officer" looked nothing like a Polish officer - hopefully French tanker in this new set will be more accurate.

Pawel
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 09:31 PM UTC
Funny isn't it, in God knows how many figure sets from DML, there have only been a 3 (Three, count 'em) additional/bonus figures - two French and one (vaguely) Polish...

Curiously enough, they've ALL been surrendering....

Even the surrendering Germans, weren't actually Germans....
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I had looked around for some French crew for my Hotchkiss, but only found 1 Verlinden figure that was very static. Decided to go with some Germans as there was nothing else.

Frank - Nemrod do some nice (if large) resin French tank crew, I got mine from Historex with their next-day service. So do Blast Models, but they aren't anywhere near as good. Accurate Armour might have a few of the Special East ones knocking about still, but they're a mixed bag. But they're all infantry tank crews (have I mentioned the lack of cavalry tank crew figures? )

David
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 09:41 PM UTC
The middle one is the best of the three Special East figures, BTW they're all much smaller and slighter than the Nemrod ones.

http://www.accurate-armour.com/showarmdistproducts.cfm?manufacturer=31&cat=74&subcat=210

David
Negrillo
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:30 AM UTC
Warriors & Royal model also make French tank Crew figures / figure.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
indeed Nemrod do some verry nice french figures, and recently I bought some figs of a firm called DES, haven't painted them yet but they look crisp.
Also Redux models do a Rhone Gnome motorbike set, with pe and, 2 figures included

for the new Dragon, I hope they will be Gen2 standart, but I'll buy'm anyway as I'm kinda hooked on Fall Rot, and Fall Gelb

Greetz
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 - 06:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

indeed Nemrod do some verry nice french figures, and recently I bought some figs of a firm called DES, haven't painted them yet but they look crisp.
Also Redux models do a Rhone Gnome motorbike set, with pe and, 2 figures included

for the new Dragon, I hope they will be Gen2 standart, but I'll buy'm anyway as I'm kinda hooked on Fall Rot, and Fall Gelb

Greetz

DES makes some of the best figures around. They might not be as cheap as plastic, but they're generally cheaper then most resin kits.
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 - 06:10 PM UTC
I like the look of this new Dragon kit at least the box art
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 - 09:52 PM UTC
That's a good news. At least the asiatic manufacturer try another way than "everyhting german".
But as you said why representing french, dutch, polish, etc always surrending ? It's like as if they didn't fight at least one day..If dragon took into consideration the fact that Tamiya produced a renault chenillette and a B1bis (which do sell !), but that their figures were very pooor in terms of poses, they could have produce a team composed of infantryman (and why not with a black tirailleur sénégalais (common Julien don't dream)) and tankmen, in action or not.
Rather than that they produced exactely the same set as the one with the polish officer, except the fact that one of the figure wear unusual type of uniform, in a sympathic pose.

Ok except this mini rant, I must ay that I'm very happy that dragon produce some frenchman.
May I dream of some colonial troop one day ??

Best and thank you Dragon.

Julien
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:45 AM UTC

I like the artwork.

Is this the start of the Hotchkiss variants ? to go with the figures.

Or, being early war ...Is DML going to release the first Matilda

This will be a figure set I will pick up .

Thanks DML
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hi David. Thanks for the tips about the Nemrod figures .... some are very nice. I remembered the set with the tanker cleaning the doody from shoe when I saw on the Historex site. I liked the set "Tankistes Francais Juin 1940 ", but because I want to show this tank opened up ... the figures need to suit the scene ... and I don´t feel any of those do that. That Dragon set is just perfect for my scene.
On the other hand .... I might consider some French soldiers from Nemrod for another scene ... they look great. I have a few of the pathfinder figures from Nemrod, and its a pity their French figures didnt have the action poses these have!
I also checked out the 3 "Special East figures" on AA .... they did nothing for me ... resin Tamiya figures?

I was looking around the net today to find a release date for this Dragon set ... and according to Dragon USA site, it is Novemeber 2008 ... only a month away ... I can live with that!!
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The French cottage manufacturers have some very nice French tanker figures. Look for Nemrod products.
thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 09:55 AM UTC
I like the look of the set. The poses look good and the setting realistic.
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,548 posts
Armorama: 1,407 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 12:18 PM UTC
i might get that it looks nice

haha i like how the french tank crashed into the french shop one careful french driver!
LMAO!

im going to get this set!

Martyn
 _GOTOTOP