_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
New Panzer Crew from Miniart
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:26 AM UTC
Miniart have posted photos of a new set of figures on their site – a German Tank Crew (France 1944)

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:19 AM UTC
Look out Dragon !!! These look pretty darn good ! Great faces and good poses also a nice paint job. Keep them coming, but suprise us with a non- German offering next time. THANKS !!!!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Look out Dragon !!! These look pretty darn good ! Great faces and good poses also a nice paint job. Keep them coming, but suprise us with a non- German offering next time. THANKS !!!!

Miniart's recent releases have included; U.S. JEEP CREW & MPs, BRITISH ARMORED CAR CREW, SOVIET JEEP CREW and SOVIET TANK RIDERS.
In terms of figure sets released their catalogue is weighted in favour of the Allies 18 to 12.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 12:15 PM UTC
Thanks for the news, Pat & Hisham.

A really nice set of figures. Often action poses can be rather limiting, but these should be very versatile.

Quoted Text

Keep them coming, but suprise us with a non- German offering next time.

Well, as a predominantly German modeller, I'll agree with the former, but not the latter BTW, if you look through the previous MA press releases here on Armorama, as Pat has mentioned above, you'll see they have tonnes lined up with exactly what you're asking for.

Rudi
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Keep them coming, but suprise us with a non- German offering next time.

To be honest, i'm really not sure how to take that comment. We've been covering MiniArt in COMSIDERABLE depth here and if you were to to look at the list of new (and future) releases you'd realize that this is a company who are doing an enormous amount for the ALLIED modeler.

I'll actually go further. When I spoke recently with the company, and I was asked for any suggestions for future releases, my 'advice' was simple - keep with the figure types which sell best and keep with the broad range they're doing.

To talk in these terms is doing a disservice to one of the most imaginative and technically able companies out there.

Check this out:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/4900
Kain45
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:13 PM UTC
Figures are magnificent. And Vladimir's list.

Peter.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 - 12:55 AM UTC
Look great. THey look like they are crewing up, somthing I hav'nt seen in plastic before. I will definitely be getting a set. THe commander would look good by the side of some German artillery.
modelpanzer
Visit this Community
Portugal
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 - 10:45 AM UTC
A really nice set of figures. Keep it coming, please.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 - 10:58 AM UTC
AWESOME NEWS. Really nice figure set, Theres room for these in my stash. milvehfan
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 08:43 AM UTC
Very very nice assortment of poses. Like the man that looks like he's running & the 2 that look like there climbing in.
Theoldun
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Miniart have posted photos of a new set of figures on their site – a German Tank Crew (France 1944)

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Theoldun
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 10:42 PM UTC
Theoldun
looks a good set loading up ready for action.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 01:27 AM UTC
this set should be compulsary buying, im getting it!!! Miniart are really shining
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 01:33 AM UTC
Another great set from Miniart.
I can't help but laugh at the stand alone photo though!
Except for the guy with the flare gun, they look like some sort of bizarre dance team all decked out in camo! They just need a break dancer on the ground to complete the set! They got all the 'moves'

Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 02:10 AM UTC
The only one of these figures that I'm not too sure about is the guy with his hands resting flat as if he's heaving himself out of a hatch. To me, his shoulders look a tad too "shrugged" (even on the sample pics of him in the hatches).

The other four are great though, and I'll definitely be picking up a set.

- Steve
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
A very useful set of figures with some very interesting positions that will be well recieved and put to good use I suspect.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 06:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only one of these figures that I'm not too sure about is the guy with his hands resting flat as if he's heaving himself out of a hatch. To me, his shoulders look a tad too "shrugged" (even on the sample pics of him in the hatches).

The other four are great though, and I'll definitely be picking up a set.

- Steve

hi

Maybe they intended to portray him lowering himself into the hatchway rather than rising up out of it.

Nonetheless, a great usable, and must have (again) set of figures from Miniart.

Alan
crucial_H
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 06:50 AM UTC
The one with the gun an the running one would be great in a "Panzer Olympics" diorama!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The one with the gun an the running one would be great in a "Panzer Olympics" diorama!

Come to think of it, now you mention it without the tank they do look a lot like doing other things. Break dancing comes to mind, and the guy far right is trying a bit of jacko style Moonwalking maybe.

Alan
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 01:41 PM UTC
Nice camo, does Shinsengumi do that pattern?????
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice camo, does Shinsengumi do that pattern?????

Oh come on that's cheating

Seriously, have you used it. I haven't but seen the product mentioned on sites. I think it would be fine on large areas, flat or even with contours, but on such a small 1/35 scale figure I reckon I'd go nuts trying to line up all the seams and get it to fall into all the folds. Then, knowing my luck I'd mess the whole thing up trying to create shading and weathering.

I did wonder if some uniform elements could be done in the panzer black but I'm not sure the cut and style was the same as the uniform Miniart depict here. I've certainly seen pictures of crew wearing various combinations of uniform dress so it's depiction wouldn't be an accuracy issue just as I said, if things like the collars, trouser pockets are the same or you'd need to cut and modify the details for accuracy.

Alan
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 01:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh come on that's cheating

As one of our baseball greats from the 50s & 60s, power pitcher Bob Gibson, said "if I could have used steroids, I would have." Cheating is just fine if I can get better results, LOL!!

Quoted Text

Seriously, have you used it?

No, but I'm intrigued.

Quoted Text

I think it would be fine on large areas, flat or even with contours, but on such a small 1/35 scale figure I reckon I'd go nuts trying to line up all the seams and get it to fall into all the folds.

You may be right, Alan. Since we're talking fabric, though, it doesn't matter if you get a little bulge here or there. A good wetting solution is clearly key, as well as whether the carrier film will stretch. Some waterslide decals I've used on aircraft where you have odd surfaces will conform well to the imperfections while others form tiny "parachutes."

Quoted Text

I did wonder if some uniform elements could be done in the panzer black but I'm not sure the cut and style was the same as the uniform Miniart depict here. I've certainly seen pictures of crew wearing various combinations of uniform dress so it's depiction wouldn't be an accuracy issue just as I said, if things like the collars, trouser pockets are the same or you'd need to cut and modify the details for accuracy.

Field modifications are common in combat, and with the Jerries on the run at the end, a late war dio would be perfect for a panzer crew in a variety of clothing.
Bowman18
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 317 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 01:53 AM UTC
Great set, i have a Tiger I in the pipleine, this set will most certainly finish it off. Are these avaliable now are are they soon to be released, this will give me an excuse to build the tiger. GOT WAY TO MANY BUILDS GOING ON AT ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
While the camo pattern is very interesting, I wonder how PEC it is (plain, everyday, common)?

I was looking at the YouTube film of the Jagdtigers surrendering in Iserlohn at war's end, and the entire unit was dressed in ordinary panzer black.
Henk
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 04:01 AM UTC
A quick look suggest that it is the late war pea pattern SS camouflage tanker uniform. A thin, herringbone twill, simple cut uniform, with the non reversible camouflage pattern. Note the National Eagle on the left sleeve, rather than the right breast. For that uniform it looks fairly accurate, and it was supplied to the SS. The addition of National Eagles on the sleeve, shoulder bourds and collar patches was not officially authorised (afaik), but was widespread none the less.

The Heer (regular army) would have been more likely to wear the black uniform.

Henk
 _GOTOTOP