_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
M4 Composite - Now With Images!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:52 PM UTC
The News Report on DML's Latest M4 (DRA6441 - M4 Sherman "Composite Hull" PTO) has now got images added. The updated report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
All the pictures look really nice. Was the late turret with the loader's hatch the only variant produced or were there single hatch versions as well? I am happy that this kit is finally moving along. Now all we need are figures to go with it . . .
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All the pictures look really nice. Was the late turret with the loader's hatch the only variant produced or were there single hatch versions as well? I am happy that this kit is finally moving along. Now all we need are figures to go with it . . .

The composite could be seen with Mid production Low Bustle turrets also (DML have included the Late low bustle which is a first (outside of the recent beutpanzer USSR issue one). The Mid Production LB turrets had no Pistol port and no loaders hatch but had the cast in cheek. A lot of the British 75mm (and some of the Firefly) ones used in NWE had this configuration. AFAIK that makes three configurations of turret with 2 & possibly three LB configs (LB with no Pistol port, cast Cheek and no loaders, LB with loaders and PP plus Cast cheek and possibly [ ? ] LB with no Pistol port and loaders [unsure on this one].
They also came with the High Bustle turrets and both Low and HB turrets could be seen in the Pacific and NWE in service with US and Brit formations as early as pre Normandy.

DML look to have done a great job on this one and did not miss the ID feature of the composite hull the cast bump in the middle lower glacis which the M4A1 cast does not have. Well done.
Cheers
Al
postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:49 AM UTC
DML is doing great things with the M4/Sherman tank.
Just like the M4 Normandy, this will be allso a bestseller.
One thing though,....
The ventilation dome on top off the turret is still wrong.
( According the CAD drawing.)
Or did they correct this obvious mistake ????

Anyways.....I will be buying Four off them.
DML, Keep those M4 variants comming please.

Frank.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 08:41 AM UTC
I ordered it (I'm probably going to get in trouble for that) and will do a build-review when it arrives. I do have some good reference photos from the Philipenes but am also considering a flame tank from the 713th battalion at Okinawa. We'll see when it gets here.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 10:41 AM UTC
More good news.

Excellent.

Al
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 11:03 AM UTC
This looks like a good kit, but i am a bit disapointed in the way dragon is going. No aluminum gun barrel?? I'm assuming it will have DS tracks (no big deal for me when it comes to "live" tracks."
 _GOTOTOP