_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Latest Figure Set from MiniArt Ltd.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 09:57 PM UTC
We've just been sent notification by MiniArt Ltd. of an upcoming figure set. 35065 - German Soldiers at Work (RAD). Details and images can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hi
I like them, should be very handy.
Diorama idea's of them readying some defensive postion's pop into my head.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 12:56 AM UTC
If anyone is unsure (as I certainly was ) about the designation RAD, here's a definition from Wikipedia:

Quoted Text

The RAD was classed as Wehrmachtgefolge (lit. Armed Forces Auxiliaries). Auxiliary forces with this status while not a part of the Armed Forces themselves, provided such vital support that they were given protection under the Geneva Convention. Some, including the RAD, were militarised.

During the early war Norwegian and Western campaigns, hundreds of RAD units were engaged in supplying frontline troops with food and ammunition, repairing damaged roads and constructing and repairing airstrips. Throughout the course of the war, the RAD were involved in many projects. The RAD units constructed coastal fortifications (many RAD men worked on the Atlantic Wall), laid minefields, manned fortifications, and even helped guard vital locations and prisoners.

The role of the RAD was not limited to purely combat support roles. Hundreds of RAD units received training as anti-aircraft units and were deployed as RAD Flak Batteries. Several RAD units also saw ground combat on the eastern front as infantry. As the German defences crumbled, more and more RAD men were committed to combat. In the final months of the war RAD men formed 6 major frontline units, which saw heavy fighting.

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 01:25 AM UTC
Nice looking set of figures.

Al
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts