_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Bastion 35 Windmill
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 01:25 AM UTC
Bastion35 have added a windmill to their 1/35 scale wooden kit range.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 02:21 AM UTC
does anyone know if this kit has the interior gearing for the grinding machinery. a nice looking kit either way, plenty of ideas there.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 02:51 AM UTC
29.90 Euro's ? For a few bits of wood? The sails are to square on, so the wind is not going to turn them, the walls look really shoddy (maybe authentic, I don't know how much care they put into their windmills in Russia...) and I wonder how the base structure incorporates a way to turn the windmill. With the stairs on the ground, turning is going to be tricky

Wood (sorry, could not resisit the pun..lol) need an awful lot of work to make it right.

Henk
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 06:54 PM UTC
well, I am Dutch so I don't know much about Russian wind mill design. I checked some photo's on the internet and the basic design seems to be correct. What makes the kit really bad is the blade and hub design. Those big wooden planks look terrible. The blades should have small planks build in a grid pattern so cloth can be attached in case of low wind speed. The connection of the blades to the hub is totally inaccurate and oversimplified.

As Henk stated, this needs a lot of work to make it look right because it's made of wood. Not worth the price at all......Better buy some good wood or Evergreen strips and make it yourself.

Matthijs
 _GOTOTOP