_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragon PaK 43/3 L/71
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:40 PM UTC
Dragon Models has released a 1/35 scale kit of the PaK 43/3 L/71.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 11:04 PM UTC
Well that's just typical now isn't it. I've been waiting for this kit for months, since I first saw it on their website, to finish off a diorama. Finally gave up on it literally days ago and bought the ARK Models version.

Ah well, still going to get this one and if the ARK one turns out to be a bit a of Richard it'll go in the for sale pile.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 03:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well that's just typical now isn't it. I've been waiting for this kit for months, since I first saw it on their website, to finish off a diorama. Finally gave up on it literally days ago and bought the ARK Models version.

Ah well, still going to get this one and if the ARK one turns out to be a bit a of Richard it'll go in the for sale pile.

Different beasties. The Dragon kit is actually a Jagdpanther gun and mantlet fitted to an improvised field mount. Numbers of these were emplaced along the Rhine in 1945. The Ark (formerly Alan) kit is a 1944 production Pak 43 gun on a non standard mount, apparently derived from the prototype of an antiaircraft gun. Nobody could figure out where Alan got its information, and it's a bit of on oddball. AFV Club offers a nice kit of the Pak 43/1 on the expedient howitzer carriage, but so far nobody has given us a standard Pak 43 (at least in styrene).
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
Is this the same carridge and mount as used for the late war Flak 37 88m mit behelfslafette? I'm guessing so given DML's recent release of that kit.

An interesting choice of kit for sure. I have only ever seen the version of this without the mantlet and built onto a wooden frame in defence of the westwall (seigfried line), perhaps a different choice for modellers?

Thanks for posting,

James
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Different beasties. The Dragon kit is actually a Jagdpanther gun and mantlet fitted to an improvised field mount. Numbers of these were emplaced along the Rhine in 1945. The Ark (formerly Alan) kit is a 1944 production Pak 43 gun on a non standard mount, apparently derived from the prototype of an antiaircraft gun. Nobody could figure out where Alan got its information, and it's a bit of on oddball. AFV Club offers a nice kit of the Pak 43/1 on the expedient howitzer carriage, but so far nobody has given us a standard Pak 43 (at least in styrene).

Yeah I want a Pak 43/3 ( just the gun and mount ) so wanted this kit but figured I could make do with the ARK one with a AM 43/3 barrel so ordered all that a few days ago and then this comes out. This one still isn't perfect but it's closer.

Alternately been looking at getting the Verlinden one and seeing what I can come up with on my own between the three of them.

Planning on replicating this scene :

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 03:54 PM UTC
It's great we'ere getting the variety of German artillery that we are, and this looks like a great kit. I'm still waiting for a US 90mm AA gun. It came in multiple variants as well. It was also widely feared and respected. Or the 3 inch AA gun. Where are the counterparts for the artillery duel? I'll just keep waiting. Maybe I'll pick one of these up to keep me busy.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 04:32 PM UTC
Looks pretty nice! Saw this one announced some time back on DragonUSA ONline so it's nice to know it's out. One more to add to my increansignly growing artillery stash

Rob

captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 02:31 PM UTC
and there was great rejoicing
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 10:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Almost as great as right after eating Sir Robin's minstrells...

Very nice, interesting kit - great addition to artillery collection.

A
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 10:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Almost as great as right after eating Sir Robin's minstrells...

Very nice, interesting kit - great addition to artillery collection.

A

Haha Kudos for MP+HG reference, great stuff.

i must admit, it looks like a tank destroyer, with an invisible hull.
you cans ee the crew all floating around inside.

i have one niggle, i wish DML would release bigger cad preview/advertising drawings,
its a bit of a pain that they are so small.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 01:07 AM UTC
Here's what this kit looks like built up...

**Picture from Hobby Link Japan**

This thing looks so cool! Will definitely get one!

Rob
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 02:50 AM UTC
Question,

Does any one have an actual picture of this gun (a real gun that is). I did a search for it and looked at many armor-related sites and could not find a single pic in this configuration. I found a couple of photos of 'regular' Pak 43s but none of this actual version.

Rob
fussball
Visit this Community
Harju, Estonia
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 03:06 AM UTC

Found these two over at planetArmor.
Karel
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC
Hi

from Axis history forum

and this one.

from http://36thair3ad.homestead.com/3ADMaintOriginalPhotos.html

Alan
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 03:46 AM UTC
Gosh, you guys are great!!!!

Need to improve on my searching skills!

Thanks much!

Rob

P.S. Here another close up on this kit...

Grenadier37
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 11:02 AM UTC
Aaaaaah yes...but when?! When will it be available in a store near me (or web based retailer, conveniently located no farther away than my laptop)? And how many millions of dollar, pounds, francs, yen or sacks of gold will this pile of plastic, rendered in its most delicious and undoubtebly accurate form (Dragon never makes mistakes as we all know), set me back?

And how many rivet counters will pour over this delectable bounty only to obsess over its form and demand PE update sets galore?

Woe...woe is me
 _GOTOTOP