_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Miniart Gasthof & Dio Base
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:00 AM UTC
MiniArt Ltd have added two new 1/35 scale Building kits to their range.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:40 AM UTC
Good locale for an abandoned Jagdtiger, though the bases on these are narrower than I'd like.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good locale for an abandoned Jagdtiger, though the bases on these are narrower than I'd like.

I know what you mean Bill but you can always buy the buildings seperately and make your own roadway.
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 07:32 AM UTC
If I where Miniart, I would have made the coblestonestreet way larger and let my customer cut it to the size he sees fit. I agree that some of these bases becomes a tad bit tight should you want to display a larger vehicle on it.

Cheers
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,548 posts
Armorama: 1,407 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 08:11 AM UTC
That german building would be great for a modern dio! I may get that.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know what you mean Bill but you can always buy the buildings seperately and make your own roadway.

You're right, Pat, but each time I look at a kit like this, I'm thinking about it as a "solution." If I only get part of the solution, then it often causes me to hold back. It's one reason I like Custom Dioramas, for example: he includes most everything you need, including rubble!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're right, Pat, but each time I look at a kit like this, I'm thinking about it as a "solution." If I only get part of the solution, then it often causes me to hold back. It's one reason I like Custom Dioramas, for example: he includes most everything you need, including rubble!

I hesitate to write this in a Miniart news thread but TM Dioramas make several leager cobble street section in vac form plastic compatible with Miniart kits. jadar stock them.
graysokol
Visit this Community
Hungary
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Though I partly agree with your comment (as well as other comments made in relation to MiniArt and/or other products) it is not quite clear, why don't you contact them directly (OK, comment it here as well). They've got a message board on their webpage. I assume (provided they want to) they will react quicker to needs of customers. In any case they state so.
I'd recommend everybody to make similar comments simultaneously here and on the page of the affected company as weel. (e.g. I'm urging for long time MA to produce more civil cars, householf appliances, accessories - the possibilities are limits are infinitive )

graysokol
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 07:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....why don't you contact them directly (OK, comment it here as well). They've got a message board on their webpage. I assume (provided they want to) they will react quicker to needs of customers. In any case they state so.
I'd recommend everybody to make similar comments simultaneously here and on the page of the affected company as weel. (e.g. I'm urging for long time MA to produce more civil cars, householf appliances, accessories - the possibilities are limits are infinitive )

graysokol

Good idea. Miniart do read these forums for feedback buit no harm in adding a message to their guestbook with your ideas and wishlists.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes I had a similar idea but it wasn't using this Miniart recent release but the Pharmacy one, in the background .

Alongside the Jagdtiger would be Otto Carius and other crew members with one saying "Well Otto what do you think you'll do when this mess is all over?"

For those who don't know the legendary Tank Ace of WW2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Carius

Alan
 _GOTOTOP