_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Monroe Perdu Farmhouse
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:32 AM UTC
Monroe Perdu Studios have just announced a new limited edition diorama item-Farm House 1

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Belg1960
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:26 AM UTC
I was wondering do these types of kits come with painting instructions and is this an average price for products like this? Thanks Pat
Beaver2206
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:43 AM UTC
Looks fantastic, packed with potential.

Stuart
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was wondering do these types of kits come with painting instructions and is this an average price for products like this? Thanks Pat

I don't buy many resin dio kits but here is what Monroe Perdu have to say about the price: Because of the significantly higher costs involved in creating Farm House, the production run has been limited to just 50 kits. The versatility in choices for finishing, the opportunity for super detailing by adding an interior and the exceptional quality in both resin casting and laser cutting dictate the retail price.

Remember also that this is a limited edition kit. You can get building kits much cheaper but they will be different as resin armor kits are different from plastic.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:01 PM UTC
I liked it so much I ordered one!
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 03:27 PM UTC
I know Michael Bishop (Monroe Perdu) has been releasing excellent, unique pieces lately in 1:48 scale.
I'm probably missing it somewhere in Pat's news release, but is this particular release also in 1:48 or is it 1:35 scale?

C.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:17 AM UTC
it's 1/35-1/32 scale.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm probably missing it somewhere in Pat's news release, but is this particular release also in 1:48 or is it 1:35 scale?

C.

Sorry Charles Yes it's 1/35 -1/32 Thanks Dave. I've edited the story now. cheers
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 08:08 AM UTC
Wow... this is very nice and unique. To bolster this my wife just came up behind me, saw me looking at it, and said "Oooo that's pretty".

Cheers,
Jim
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 01:31 PM UTC
Hey guys. This is my personal opinion on the release.

I do not think the price is high. There is a ton of work in the production of this masterpiece and it shows. I strongly believe it is worth every single penny. Just think about this, you are getting a ton of resin and other stuff with this kit.

I for one will be getting one of them. I have been hoping this was released for a long time. I had seen it in his web site for a couple of years but he had stated that he did not think they would ever be released. I believe it was wise on their part to release this item and hopefully others from the same line. I hope they will sell well for them, it will only encourage other items to be released.

The only other piece like this offered before was in 1/48 scale from Miniaturas Allemany around 5 years ago. That offering is OOP and I do not think it will ever come back.

It is great to see a company release creative items such as these. It only give modellers more options.

Keep them coming!

Cheers,

Jose

PS. I know have their 1/48 scale offering of the building in France with the two wall sections. I got it in a trade from another modeler in exchange for some DML kits. I am amazed at the attention to detail and I am building a 1/48 scale Tamiya Tiger I to put in the dio. If you like 1/48 scale structures and buildings, I would look at MP's 1/48 scale diorama base offering. You will not be dissapointed!
 _GOTOTOP