_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Hobby Boss' Sd.Kfz222 - Part 2
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 09:39 PM UTC
As promised, the Second Part of the photo-report on the new model of their Sd.Kfz 222 from Hobby Boss. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 01:51 AM UTC
If you had to only choose one model of this armoured car from the ones available I guess this would be the one.

Shame Tristar didn't get their version out earlier as it was a welcome new kit after the old Tamiya model but this one seems to be a step up again in detail.

Dimensional accuracy, angles of sloping plates etc. I'll leave to those who know more about this variant but as a model kit it looks excellent.

Oh, and yes the box art is also very nice.

Wonder what the price will work out to be.

Alan
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Shame Tristar didn't get their version out earlier as it was a welcome new kit after the old Tamiya model but this one seems to be a step up again in detail.

Considering that this Hobby Boss one will probably be a month or more before we see it here on North American soil, and that the Tristar one is out now......I am a little perplexed by this statement.

Would be interesting to see a side by side comparison between the 2, but the Tristar one will probably have 2-3 months sales on the market before this one even hits.
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 06:00 AM UTC
Any word on pricing yet? Looks like the aftermarket guys will need to do a machine gun ammo boxes for this one too along with a radio.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 11:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Considering that this Hobby Boss one will probably be a month or more before we see it here on North American soil, and that the Tristar one is out now......I am a little perplexed by this statement.

Would be interesting to see a side by side comparison between the 2, but the Tristar one will probably have 2-3 months sales on the market before this one even hits.

Perplexed, how so Scott . Tristar before they had their business problems announced this kit months ago, maybe going on a year even and showed preview shots of the built model if I remember correctly. Had they been able to get it to market at that time I'm sure they would have sold alot of them, and I would have been one of them. On seeing the Hobbyboss kit pictures I'd now not buy the Tristar one and wait , even if it is a couple of months for the higher detailed Hobbyboss kit, and I figure others will do just the same, after all many can afford the wait, its not like they haven't got plenty of other kits in the stash to build while they are waiting

Alan
jim81147
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 03:45 PM UTC
How is the quality of the Hobby Boss kits , generally speaking?
 _GOTOTOP