_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
1/48 Scale
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:30 PM UTC
Hello Folks!

I could imagine many people have wondered what these “new” 1/48 scale kits are like or even bought one but never got around to building one. In my case I have built one and have another in the stash. They’re fun! So, is there any interest in a 1/48th scale campaign?

Time Frame: September 2010 – February 2011

Draft rules:

- Any model of ground forces in 1/48th scale.
- Dioramas welcome.
- Aircraft allowed as long as the ground forces are the main focus.

Maybe we could even get some support from Tamiya or a competition or something?

If this takes off I could use some help with a ribbon and a banner...

Cheerio!

PS: I know it’s early, but with all the new campaign ideas I thought the early bird gets the slot...

EDIT: Here's a list of all the participants who've agreed to join:

cmtlu
Dangeroo
grayghost666
GregCloseCombat
keo
Marc
pebblemonkey
Tojo72
Torchy
zontar

EDIT 2:

keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:18 AM UTC
It sounds as a very good idea. It might spark interest to a scale that doesn’t really get the amount of attention it deserves. Making it into a competition is nice way of creating interest I think. So by all means, get the wheels turning on this one!

I have an unfinished GM C15 armoured car from Wespe Models and some Tamiya figures to go along. This would be an opportune chance to actually get it build.

One thing though; why wait until September?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 02:12 AM UTC
I have built a dozen and still have a few in stash.Count me in,timeframe is good.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One thing though; why wait until September?

The Campaign schedule is pretty full and I myself have several going up to August. So I thought September would be a goot time to start. I know it's a bit early planning now, but you have to be to get the time slot you want...

Cheerio!
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:34 PM UTC
Hello Stefan,
Count me in. I have been going slowly over to 1/48 for a while. they do not take up as much space and they come out great.
You might see if track48 is willing to put up a prize for the best model. It would be good advertising for them.
About the September start time, I like a long lead time, It gives me enough time to change my mind on what to build at least 10+ times . It also gets more builders interested in the campaign.
I have a aircraft campaign that does not start till next November, I get more members signing up every day. Long lead time are great
Thanks for the campaign idea,
Cheers,
Bruce
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hopefully "Uncabret" and "Close Combat Greg" will get involved.I know they are big 1/48 guys and do great work.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 03:41 AM UTC
For sure I'm in .

Tamiya has a couple of new kits coming out by Feb. (251 with rockets, Hummer with grenade launcher), so that's another good reason to start the campaign at the later time suggested.

I still have to complete 3 dio's myself right now but just haven't had the time/motivation lately. I'm sure after the holidays things will turn around again.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
Aha! So we are 5, halfway there! Thanks for the interest guys!

Bruce, good idea to ask Track48. Does anyone have any "ties" to them? Otherwise I'll try to contact them as soon as we have the 10 people required (note: not "if we have" but "as soon as we have" )

Cheerio!
Marc
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:32 AM UTC
I'm in to

Marc
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hello Stefan,
I have bought some stuff from them and have exchanged E-Mails with them. They were always fast to reply to any of my questions. It is a small company and they might not be able to do it, If so I will put up the prize for the best model. I will also take my self out of the running for the prize.
Let me know if i need to do so.
Cheers,
Bruce
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 10:57 AM UTC
I would participate in this campaign. I love this scale!

-Zon
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:55 PM UTC
Hello Stefan,
You have 7 ready so far, Have you posted info about the campaign in the Armor/AFV 1/48 scale section. You might get more people interested in this campaign, Just a thought.
Cheers,
Bruce
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 07:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If so I will put up the prize for the best model. I will also take my self out of the running for the prize.

Now that's commitment, Bruce! Care to be my XO on this ship?

I was thinking that maybe we could get Armorama to host a kind of (one time only) voting similar to the DMoM? I'll write some Mails as soon as we have enough participants.

Marc and Zon, welcome abouard, bienvenue à bord!

Good idea to link it on the 48th scale forum, will do. I assume people are more concerned with Christmas right now than with commiting to a campaign that starts in 9 months, so hopefully more people will sign on in the new year.

Take the leap people, it's a great little scale!

Cheerio and Merry Christmas to you all!
Stef
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 09:53 PM UTC
This has better be – I’ve just bought Tamiya’s Jagdpanther and a set of figures. But september’s to fare for me so I’ll start right after new year’s eve.

Merry Christmas everybody
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 10:03 PM UTC
Kenneth, there's always time to get another kit 'til September! So are you still on board?

Cheerio!
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 04:27 AM UTC
Oh go on then I'm in,Hobby boss T-34 lurking somewhere!
Andy
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:56 AM UTC
Hello Stefan,
I would be honored to be your XO.
About the voting, We can do it on the campaign thread. Just allow a 2-3 days after the end for everyone to vote. I will then get the address of the winner and send it out. Not sure what the prize will be, I need to go to Track48 and see what they have.
@ Kenneth,
That is a sweet little jagd. I did one for the mighty 88 campaign. I would suggest you get different tracks for it. The ones in the kit are a PITA. Remember you have 9 months to get another 48th scale to be in the campaign and I have seen some great looking new models coming out next year,
Cheers,
Bruce
cmtlu
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:52 PM UTC
Stefan,

If you do not mind I would love joining the 48th campaing too. I am absolutely newbie in the site so this can be a very good chance for me to join the Armorama comunity.

Lu
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Stefan,

If you do not mind I would love joining the 48th campaing too. I am absolutely newbie in the site so this can be a very good chance for me to join the Armorama comunity.

Lu

Welcome aboard are you the same Lu who runs the 1/48 forum on Missing-Lynx ? You do some real nice work,and it would be pleasure to have your input over here.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 09:00 AM UTC
Andy welcome aboard!

Quoted Text

If you do not mind I would love joining the 48th campaing too.

Mind? Not at all! We're glad you can join us!

That makes 9 of us then! One more!

I would propose to call the campaign "The (company name) 48th scale Campaign", (company name) being filled with whoever would sponsor a prize (if we can find someone). If we have a go for this campaign I'll ask the moderators if that would be OK with the rules of the site.

About voting I think we should try to find a more anonymous way (as this element is often ctitisized with the DMOM). And maybe we can have other people vote as well, who are not part of the campaign.

Allright, c'mon gents! Join in for some fun!
pebblemonkey
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 09:18 AM UTC
I wold be so very interested in taking part in this.

Please count me in!

Matt
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 04:46 PM UTC
Hello Stefan,
I know a nice Lady who is willing to sponsor this campaign. Her small company is called Artgems. She is a writer/editor and cutter of gem stones. She is not into modeling, But she is very supportive of the hobby. She has sponsored prizes at local hobby shows and even goes to them.
Let me know if She is acceptable to you.
Cheers,
Bruce
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:14 PM UTC
Matt, welcome! You are number 10, so we're a go with this campaign! I have (will in a minute) added a list of all entrants in the first post.

Quoted Text

I know a nice Lady who is willing to sponsor this campaign. Her small company is called Artgems. She is a writer/editor and cutter of gem stones. She is not into modeling, But she is very supportive of the hobby. She has sponsored prizes at local hobby shows and even goes to them.
Let me know if She is acceptable to you.

Of course she is acceptable, more than! PM inbound!

Cheerio!
cmtlu
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 04:45 AM UTC
Guys, thanks for your warm welcome. I am very sorry for this belated reply but you know xmas keep us all busy eating and drinking, eating and drinking...

Anthony .. thanks for your kind words. Well... it seems I am same Lu you mentioned above but I hope that does not make a difference and I can be just one more in the 1/48th gang.

Stefan good to see you are having enough participants to make this a serious campaing proposal. I think it is too early still, but closer to the start if you want I can make a public announcement over the M-L 1/48th DG to see if some of the guys there join us as well. Anyways Armorama is one huge comunity, so I have the confidence more members will join in the incoming weeks and months hopefully.

Fingers crossed.
Lu
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 06:57 PM UTC
Hi Lu,
I like your 1/48 symbol pic. Glad you're joining the group here. I should have my Hanomania build done tommorrow. Greg Hessig
 _GOTOTOP