_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Miniart Tram Supports & Street Lamp
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:31 AM UTC
There seems to be no end in sight to the release of dio accessories from Miniart, today they have sent us pics of their In Process set “Tram Supports & Street Lamp” in 1:35 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:22 AM UTC
I can hear some aftermarket guys crying as their over expensive stock of out of date, and out of scale resin crap, get's unsaleable.

keep'm comming!

great!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hopefully tram supports only mean one thing ... theres a tram coming. Would be great if some of their upcoming dio sets had cobblestones with tram lines already formed. No use adding tram supports in a dio, if there no rails for it to run on!
Thanks again Pat ... they´re keeping you busy with all these new releases.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can’t work out from the sprues how many lamps or tram wire supports the set makes but when I pick up this set I’ll let you all know.

Might just be whats on the box top ... but they seem to be universal uprights ... meaning you choose yourself what fittings you will use?? Just a guess!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 07:18 AM UTC
Hopefully there will be two sets of sprus to make four of them, if they do as usual with their kits.Frank, there is a resin tram by Custom Dioramics, kit #CD6052. Expensive but well worth the price. Now with these wire supports I can get working on it. Maybe we'll see one in styrene shortly. Would be a nice option with a ton of possibilities.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 08:08 AM UTC
wheren't there any trolley bus lines in Germany?

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 11:12 AM UTC
Another interesting idea, nice to see these little hopefully affordable sets appearing.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 12:13 AM UTC
Funnily enough, last time I was talking to MiniArt, I brought the subject of trams up with them... Never mentioned the supports though... Maybe a tram is on the horizon?
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Funnily enough, last time I was talking to MiniArt, I brought the subject of trams up with them... Never mentioned the supports though... Maybe a tram is on the horizon?

Repeat after me:

Tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram, tram....

I love the resin tram I've seen (could be Custom Dioramics, but can't find anyone selling it or a website for them), but who wants to spend $150 on a resin kit and then trash it? A burned-out tram makes a GREAT dio subject in a variety of cities (Russian, Ukraine, Poland, Holland).
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

wheren't there any trolley bus lines in Germany?

Can't say about WWII but post WWII there where quite a few cities that used them in the form of "dual mode" busses that used the overhead lines from the tram (and the trams dedicated lanes) where possible and switched to diesel when they left the inner city. The german term is

OBus or Oberleitungs-Bus

Cities that used them are i.e Moers, Duisburg, Bremen...

This german side lists facts about what city uses/used what.
 _GOTOTOP