_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
Trumpeter 1/16 T34/76 finished
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 12:09 AM UTC

I started this kit about 5 years ago and after a transfer and 3 house moves finally got it to this stage - which I have to call finished. The original plan was to do a dio similar to Jan's (Mr Mox). However a quick look at the size of the piece of timber for the base and my display cabinet shows the over optimism of my project. So until I get a bigger display cabinet it all has to stay in 1 piece.

Photo 3 gives a rough idea of the layout I plan to ultimately use.

I added wiring to the engine using evergreen rod and fine copper wire for the fuel and (I assume) electrical lines. I also used dots of oil paints to achieve a streaking effect on the turret and vertical tank walls. I can't say that am overly excited with the result. Mig pigments mixed into Tamiya acrylic thinner were used for the tracks and also to dirty up the interior.

Brian
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 08:46 AM UTC
Hi Brian,

congratulations on the result, it looks really nice. I have build this kit too and I had a lot of trouble weathering it realisticly due to the scale. My answer was just to increase the number of washes and pigment layers without adding too much at the same time. The advantage of the scale over 1:35 is that drybrushing cannot be overdone so easily.

if you don't like your streaks, you can give your model a few light washes to make them more subtle

Matthijs
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 09:35 PM UTC

Mat

Yep - understand about a couple of washes to tone down the streaking. I should have put in my first post that I will leave the final "weathering" until I can put it on a base - just so it all blends at that time.

I really enjoyed doing this kit - just wished I had more room as I would do more in this scale

Brian
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 10:32 PM UTC
Imporessive build, Brian. It looks very nice and the interior has some very nice details.

Thanks for sharing
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 11:10 PM UTC
Nice build.

The size is hard to tell by the pictures but I know pretty big.

Good deal and thanks for putting them up.

Agreed also some heavier washes would bring more tone to it.

_GOTOTOP