_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
MiniArt: Cobblestone Street W.I.P.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 04:17 AM UTC
MiniArt Ltd. have just sent us images of their latest W.I.P. which is 36041 - Cobblestone Street Section. Images of the New set can be seen

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 05:01 AM UTC
This is good and nice that is in seperate sections and that the manhole is not moulded in place so that you can place it where you want.

Quoted Text

why has this never been done before? Yes, it's been done before in Resin, in plaster etc. but at a considerably higher cost.

TM Diorama do a three different sets of cobblestone street sections in vacform plastic. Not widely available though.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 11:46 AM UTC
A great release! Can be used many time over for simple dio bases, love the drains and manholes.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 11:54 AM UTC
I agree, a Great release with some Very Nice detailing. milvehfan
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 12:16 AM UTC
What sales could be made if you could link the review to a way to purchase...I know I would purchase 8 out of 10 times....It like my wife buying shoes.....

Michael
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 12:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What sales could be made if you could link the review to a way to purchase...I know I would purchase 8 out of 10 times.

It's an interesting point you make. We do encourage Retaliers to link to our product Reviews (a few do, but more would be welcome). The thought of a BUY HERE button on Reviews is something we HAVE been considering for the future.

This though, is only the News Report on a WiP for a product which isn't available yet...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 01:02 AM UTC
Looks good dang good.

Might have to pick up one.

I like the bench.

Not listed no where yet.

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 01:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The thought of a BUY HERE button on Reviews is something we HAVE been considering for the future.

Problematical isn't it though in this case because Miniart don't sell direct so which online shop would you link to?

In the case of those manufacturers that do sell direct there's a link at the top of each news item to the company anyway.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 03:44 AM UTC
The release looks very nice and one piece (32 cm) is propably more then enough for 90 % of the diorama builders.

By the way , the builder of Clervaux village in 1/35 has already considered going the easy way and casting himself cobblestreet sections, but this would only help for straight sections. A lot of different curves in the dio are causing so much adjustements and compensation work that it is faster to to everything one by one (this has also more a uniform look).

Cheers
Claude
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By the way , the builder of Clervaux village in 1/35 has already considered going the easy way and casting himself cobblestreet sections, but this would only help for straight sections. A lot of different curves in the dio are causing so much adjustements and compensation work that it is faster to to everything one by one (this has also more a uniform look).

Ah, good, the fish has taken the hook

MiniArt would be delighted to hear any ideas you (in particular) might have for improving sets such as this one - curved sections (and curved sidewalks) struck me as the 'next' step but i'm sure YOU would have a LOT more ideas. Anything you want to suggest, I can pass you on their contact details and introduce you..
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 10:14 AM UTC
Curved sections or even a roundaout would be cool. Also would love to see drains, manhole covers, gratings, etc as a seperate set. Also why oh why has no one produced a proper set of European traffic/road signs? (curve, no entry, no parking, etc. etc.). I know there's one or two included in some military road sign kits but we need proper civvie road signs and MiniArt seems to be the one that would do it! Maybe some hydrant boxes and milestones while we're dreaming....
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 04:37 AM UTC
Releasing these like train track (straight, curved sections that can interlock) would be AWESOME. It's damned hard getting any kind of street scene that's bigger than a postage stamp with the current stuff. I had to buy two Verlinden resin sections of cobblestone, and they are EXPENSIVE.
trackpads
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 330 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Curved sections or even a roundaout would be cool. Also would love to see drains, manhole covers, gratings, etc as a seperate set. Also why oh why has no one produced a proper set of European traffic/road signs? (curve, no entry, no parking, etc. etc.). I know there's one or two included in some military road sign kits but we need proper civvie road signs and MiniArt seems to be the one that would do it! Maybe some hydrant boxes and milestones while we're dreaming....

This the sort of thing you mean ?
proper civvie road signs

European Traffic Signs 1930's - 1950's

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 07:21 AM UTC
MK35 do a set of roadsigns

blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 11:47 PM UTC
Good idea!
but as Ucranian based company with a lot of information with only crossing the street I thing that Miniart can be more things genuinally russian flavour: wooden houses with intricate windows frame,church details, tipical rusian entrances from a humble izba patio to these that have in the entrance of Soviet Union tracks and roads, wells, I think that eastern front itīs under present in diorama accesories.
my two cents.
Carlos
 _GOTOTOP