_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
DML's Latest Sd.Kfz 7
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:41 PM UTC
An interesting (though not entirely unexpected) announcement from DML with their latest incarnation of the Sd.Kfz 7. Not a new variant, rather the bog-standard Prime Mover. The difference? The addition of a VERY welcome crew. The full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 11:48 PM UTC
Looks great.

A very nice and realistic crew. One guy is sleeping - now that is realistic, time on the move is often excellent sleeping time. Especially if you are not driving

Thanks for the update
Shadowfax
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 02:44 AM UTC
Looks like another good offering from DML. Wonder if they will offer the crew as a separate figure set?
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 06:59 AM UTC
Great news. I hope the crews will be released separately, as I have two of these in my stash.

A seated Luftwaffe crew would also be nice to go with the variants mounting FlaK guns.
sparky
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:28 AM UTC
Dang!

I picked up 2 of the sdz.7 kits while they were on sale at Luckymodel.

Hopefully Dragon does the same thing they did with the 88 kit and offer the crew with extra arms/poses.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:48 AM UTC
Still doesn`t show a canvas roof in the CAD drawing but there is hope if you look at the box art ....PLEASE!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 11:25 AM UTC
I'll definitely pick this kit up now that it's crewed, but I do find the box-art misleading in that it shows 10 figures, and not 6. This is not a criticism of Ron V's art, or even of the 6 figures that are included, but rather of the inconsistency between the art and what's in the box (I would guess that at some point DML planned to put 10 figures in the box, but didn't bother commissioning the art revision) - if it's marketed as vehicle plus crew I'd expect to see the vehicle and and crew on the box front in the box. But then again, I'm just being anal The crew seem rather nice in CAD - let's see if they can reproduce the poses successfully in plastic with it's own limitations.
 _GOTOTOP