_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
DML's New H/T Riders with a Twist
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 01:12 AM UTC
The other day, I ran the story on DML's latest Sd.Kfz 7 variant and significantly, the inclusion of six crew figures. Now, the company have announced the release of the set seperately - with an VERY interesting ''twist''. The Full Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 01:18 AM UTC
Looks like a useful set of figures to populate all those German H/Ts out there.
Darryl
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like a useful set of figures to populate all those German H/Ts out there.

Not only to populate H/Ts, but to have upper torsoes with no webbing, they can be used elsewhere as well. It is something that has been wished for, for a long time.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 02:08 AM UTC
Frank
Good point! I can see picking up at least one set for sure.
Darryl
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 04:44 AM UTC
This looks like a winner, and combining a couple of sets should populate a number of Sd.Kfz.7s in my stash, LOL!

For you uniform geeks, could the unwebbed ones be turned into Luftwaffe versions with the right color and collar tabs, etc.?
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 04:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For you uniform geeks, could the unwebbed ones be turned into Luftwaffe versions with the right color and collar tabs, etc.?

Pretty easily...
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC
Excellent!

I also hope the set comes with rifles, which the CAD images seem to hint at. A proper half-track should be mounted with an equal number of rifles, as they had brackets behind the seats for them. That's always a challenge unless you have an extensive spares box.

The kits don't come with rifles to go in the brackets, either, and TANH/TANK seems to be the only manufacturer to sell German rifles, and very few dealers carry the rifle sets.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 07:16 AM UTC
Looks Great !, Really like those figures.Well lets see if Dragon releases them as a figure set, maybe in winter uniforms . They will go well with the H/T's that I already have. milvehfan
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 06:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent!

I also hope the set comes with rifles, which the CAD images seem to hint at. A proper half-track should be mounted with an equal number of rifles, as they had brackets behind the seats for them. That's always a challenge unless you have an extensive spares box.

The kits don't come with rifles to go in the brackets, either, and TANH/TANK seems to be the only manufacturer to sell German rifles, and very few dealers carry the rifle sets.

Don't forget Hornets kit (GWH-01)
captnenglish
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 06:28 AM UTC
This should prove to be a very popular kit. I don't do allot of WWII stuff anymore, but I can come up with several ideas for this kit, w/o much thought.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 11:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's not as simple as changing the colour, collar tabs and insignia. There are a few more differences between the Heer field tunic and the Luftwaffe's Fliegerbluse. If you have a read of this review I mention of few of the unique features of the Fliegerbluse. Be that as it may, it should be within the skill set of most modellers to make these relatively minor changes.
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 05:37 AM UTC
Thanks, Rudi, for the mini-tutorial. Can you recommend a 1/35th set that has accurate Fliegerblusen?

And thanks, Matthew, I was not aware Hornet made rifles. I need to find a dealer in the States who has them in-stock and at decent prices now that I don't buy from Tankrat anymore.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 08:09 AM UTC
Hi

With the obvious permutations Dragon have offered within the set these should make up into excellent crew/passengers for any number of vehicles.

It would be an added bonus and nice if they scaled and worked well with the existing set from Miniart, which to my findings can be on the larger side of 1/35th scale. Although some of the more recent have been a touch smaller.

Alan
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 05:39 AM UTC
Seems my photo in the above post doesn't want to appear, or appears sometimes not others. It's direct from Miniart site, so I've copied it to Kitmaker network and should now work.

This is the Miniart set I'm referring to

Alan
captnenglish
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 05:52 AM UTC
Bill, I hope the link I sent you helps
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Rudi, for the mini-tutorial. Can you recommend a 1/35th set that has accurate Fliegerblusen?

Bill,

No dramas. Hey, you asked for the uniform nerds to shout out

I take it you specifically refer to plastic? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other than the set I linked to above, and the Tristar 2cm crew which IIRC contains 4 Luftwaffe men and a Heer officer. Given the poses of these 2 sets though, I reckon you'd be better off converting the above Heer vehicle passengers.

The more I look at this crew, the more me wants!

Rudi
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 06:06 PM UTC
It's great to see figure sets like this
HORSTHOPF
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi all!!!!
Has anybody seen/heard anything further about this set?
I already have the Miniart set which is pretty good ie Torsos
the heads are not so good though!
I wonder if you guys that were at the toy fair in Germany got any info.
Regards
Horst
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 05:36 AM UTC
Bill,
The Luftwaffe were issued with a service dress jacket which was very similar to the Heer one, but was worn with an open neck and collar and tie. The main difference would be the collar patches, which rather than being "litzen" were the Luftwaffe square pattern in Waffenfarbe with different numbers of eagle according to rank. However it is true that wear of the Fliegerbluse was far more widespread in action (the SD seems to have been relegated to parades). I can't see how the Miniart set helps, as the figures shown in the picture are wearing normal Heer SD.
The original Tamiya Sdkfz 7 crew were wearing the Fliegerbluse. While I wouldn't recommend them as figures nowadays, they did have seperate torsos, although the positions were all the same to sit in the seats (except for the driver and commander). However they would give you the Fliegerbluse you need, you could use different heads, arms etc. Just a thought.
 _GOTOTOP