_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
DML: SU-85M/SU-100 in 1/35th
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 02:28 AM UTC
In a VERY interesting announcement, DML have announced a 2-in-1 kit of the SU-85M. 2-in1 you ask yourselves? Well, parts are also included for an EARLY SU-100. The Initial report can be seen:

No images at the moment as the gremlins are loose in our Photo-Upload system...

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 04:27 AM UTC
A must-have for Soviet armor buffs like me. And a Premium edition, too! I didn't think DML was ever going to offer them again.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 12:49 PM UTC
Haven't we seen this dog-and-pony show before? Looks like a lot of the same warts are still in the kit...

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 08:06 PM UTC

Images now added - gremlins have been returned to their box...

When I ran this yesterday, I couldn't help but having a few doubts as to whether it was a new-tooling or not. With Jaques' comments and a look at his excellent Build-Log, the concluson i've come to is that it's little more than a re-box.

The comments by some of the posters on M-L seem to confirm this. Rather than re-boxing, perhaps it would have been a more sensible idea to have addressed the serious issues that this model has?

Releases like this have forced me to come to a rather unsettling conclusion. With (very) few exceptions, when DML do German vehicles, they do a superlative job. When DML do subjects like this, the inclusion of 'TLC' seems to be lacking (or non-existent).

So, perhaps, Dragon would be well-advised to continue to play to their strengths and leave subjects like this to OTHER manufacturers?
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 03:29 AM UTC
Jacques, I know it's presumptuous to ask this of you, but could you prepare a list of problems and remedies like they do for aircraft on Large Scale Planes? I am very interested in the vehicle, but am concerned about enriching DML for a lazy re-box.
 _GOTOTOP