_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Braille Panzerwerfer 74 Available
MacTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 12:42 AM UTC
Roden has released a kit of the Sd.Kfz. 4/1 Panzerwerfer 42 in 1/72 scale. We have received box art photos and a copy of the decal sheet.

I don''t know about you, but I''m excited to see new Braille scale releases coming out on a regular basis this year.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don''t know about you . . .

Yes, this is great, and somewhat overdue. On the other hand I can't help feeling a little upset that I finally got around to doing the scratchbuild of the Maultier that I first saw in Airfix Magazine in 1973, using two Bren Carriers for the track parts; I am just about to complete it for the Braille Battlefield campaign, and then this happens... where's the sobbing emoticon? There isn't one.

Super box art as usual from Roden.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 01:48 AM UTC
That seems to be a common theme around here Matthew, it's like they know when we are going to take the plunge and commit to an intense scratchbuild or update project and wait till then to release their kit. I went through the same thing with the 1/35 BT-7.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 04:10 AM UTC
Matthew, the icon you wish ( ) is the ninth one from the left on the second line. After all your effort, I can relate to your pain. However, yours was still the first and remains unique as it's the 82mm rocket version.

As for this release, it's great to see more attention being paid to small scale. Now if only the local shops would start carrying these brands before dinosaurs return.

Cheers,
Jan
MacTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 08:55 AM UTC
At least you have a local hobby shop. I live in an area with a population of nearly half a million in a three county area. The closest "local" shop is about 60 miles away.

Murphy's law of model building: Once you are 75% or better completion on a scratchbuilding or conversion project, someone will release an injection molded version.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Matthew, the icon you wish ( ) is the ninth one from the left on the second line.

Jan, I always thought this was the "sweating with effort" emoticon - which could also apply I guess.

Quoted Text

However, yours was still the first and remains unique as it's the 82mm rocket version.

Yes, thanks . . . for now at least. On the other hand Roden do, I think, seem to be one of those who, not unreasonably, like to make best use of their sprues, so I could see the 8cm version following at some point.

I have to confess to being almost curious enough to buy it in order to compare it to my own effort. Perhaps if a review example is offered to Armorama it might possibly come my way . . . ? I'd be happy to put everything to one side in order to do a quick build . . .

JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 05:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

".v . .Yes, this is great, and somewhat overdue. On the other hand I can't help feeling a little upset that I finally got around to doing the scratchbuild of the Maultier that I first saw in Airfix Magazine in 1973, using two Bren Carriers for the track parts; I am just about to complete it for the Braille Battlefield campaign, and then this happens... where's the sobbing emoticon? There isn't one. Super box art as usual from Roden.

You are describing one of the infalible "Laws of Modeling 101" known as "Theorem of Progression". It goes thusly;
1.) As soon as you scratchbuild a model, a manufacturer will release a vacuform kit of it.
2.) As soon as you finish the vacuform kit, an injected molded version (this includes slush plastic, resin or metal) of the prototype will be released.
3.) As soon as you convert the injected molded kit of the prototype to the version you want, your version will be released by another manufacturer who will, include the refined versions of the decals, resin or photo etch that you had suggested to them on their website. But they will not mention you or provide you with gratis examples for your trouble.
4.) You can't win.(Because manufactures will inevitably simplify their processes.)
5.) You can't break even. Unless you value your own work.
6.) But, you can publish an article that will give you a chance to review their kit and point out its flaws.

Laws of Modeling 101 here.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 03:42 PM UTC
Mine just arrived today!
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 05:34 PM UTC
The "in the box review" is almost done. Now I wonder who would like to commit to a build of this kit? Send me a PM.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 02:31 PM UTC
Wow! no one wants to try and build this kit?
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 09:43 PM UTC
Ok the kit is in the hands of vonHengest.
here.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:23 PM UTC
"Dear Mr. Stephen Lawson,

Greeting from sunny and very hot Kiev! With this message I inform you that a parcel with two new model kits (# 722,# 720)Opel Blitz Omnibus model W39 Ludewig(Essen) and Sd.Kfz. 4/11 Panzerwerfer 42 have been sent to your address yesterday. Please, let me know as soon as you receive it.
Sincerely,
Olga"

martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,548 posts
Armorama: 1,407 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 - 11:34 PM UTC
Stephen! Your lucky I cannot wait to get my hands on that Roden Opel Bus!

Are you going to build it soon?

JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 08:46 PM UTC
I will do the in the box review but it will be someone else here who builds the kit. VonHengst has first choice. I'll let you know if it is available but it must be used for an online build.
skala72
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 04:04 AM UTC
The model is great. Due to the popularity of this model in a short time there were four sets of valorisation for this model (4 PE + 1 resin conversion). I have three sets, I recommend. Now I'm waiting for the late version of this model.

New: Sd.Kfz.4/1 (8cm) Raketen-Vielfachwerfer auf Panzerwerfer 42 Late

_GOTOTOP