_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
MiniArt - Their Latest Update
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 09:49 PM UTC
MiniArt Ltd. have just updated by publishing a series of images of 35118 - BRITISH TANK RIDERS (NW EUROPE) which is a set which which has caused no small level of interest. The FULL Photo-Report on the set can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

JasonD
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC
No normally a WW11 modeller but Im really enthusiast about this set and Im already got something in in mind for them. Overall their look good but I assume the helmets are temporary and the puttees are a work in progress as they dont look right. They seem too big, and look flush to the leg whilst there's not enough wrinkle to make them look right. Minor minus points and on whole well done miniart keep up the good work.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hi Jason,

i think you'lll find the putties are actually anklets, at least they look like anklets to me in the pics.

Who'd have thought that we'd every get a set of palstic tank riders two years ago? Now we have one set for the desert and one for NWE. Excellent.

Respirator cases look a bit big to me.

Well done MiniArt.
brian638
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 263 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 06:31 AM UTC
HI,

As these are work in progress, I'm not too worried (yet). The anklets are a tad too big and the helmets look a little odd at the moment. My biggest gripe is the webbing, the suspenders should be longer. They are designed to thread onto the waterbottle, which only has buckles, and the front strap threads through the front ammo pouch.

It looks like another good year for Allied modellers.

Cheers

Brian
manicmodeler
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 09:01 PM UTC
Looks like a nice st, except that it would be better, if the camouflague net is molded onto the helmet like the Royal engineer set,
 _GOTOTOP