_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
HOBBYBOSS 1/35 CV-90/4OC First Look
Gundam-Mecha
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 933 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 10:51 AM UTC
Hobby Boss send us a preview of their upcoming injection molded 1/35 CV-90/4OC kit.

These sprue shots show the excellent surface detail on the parts, and are an exciting teaser of what is certain to be an interesting release for all modern armour fans.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 01:24 PM UTC
I wonder if this one (unlike the Academy kit) will be buildable as an export version? No offense intended, I love you Sweden, but I really hate your digital camouflage, and I know there are some export customers for this vehicle whose armies use schemes that are much easier to paint! In any case, though, this looks like a beautiful kit of an important ISAF participant.
magnusf
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 07:20 PM UTC
We have a loooong history here in Sweden with camo schemes that were designed specifically to annoy modellers! Viggen, army choppers, the "S"-tank, all were painted in troublesome camouflages sometime during their careers !

Magnus
merkavafan
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 08:31 PM UTC
this is brilliant news!! . I just hope that the aftermarket people produce kits to make other countries versions (like Denmark ,Norway , Finland the Netherlands and Switzerland ) of this cool vehicle . That would make even more people happy and give more options. I wonder if the kit will have an interior as well ?
Cheers ,
Andy
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 10:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder if this one (unlike the Academy kit) will be buildable as an export version? No offense intended, I love you Sweden, but I really hate your digital camouflage, and I know there are some export customers for this vehicle whose armies use schemes that are much easier to paint! In any case, though, this looks like a beautiful kit of an important ISAF participant.

You should be able to finish this as a Swedish CV9040C in Liberia:

Cheers,
/E
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No, it can not.
The CV9040C is basically a CV9040B with add on armour and different mg as the big differences.

You will have to wait for the release of 9030 or 9035 for export versions.
If you want easier paint schemes you can either do it white as shown above or tan for deployment in Afghanistan,
In the beginning in Afghanistan it did not have the Baracuda camouflage mounted.

/Thord
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 01:48 AM UTC
That looks very nice Hobby boss really are going from strength to strength at the moment.
 _GOTOTOP