_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Amusing Hobby: 1/35th Styrene Armor
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 01:01 AM UTC
Amusing Hobby are (unusually enough these days) a Japanese company who have announced their first Injection-Moulded Styrene kit in 1/35th scale - the NeuBaufahrzeug: German Multi-Turreted Tank. The Full Report on the first release from this New manufacturer, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 01:29 AM UTC
I had no idea something like this existed in WW2... very cool.

As for the news, thanks Hisham for pointing out the Amusing Hobby, and Jim for putting the full story together so quickly. I think Hisham would be a great asset in Armorama news team... perhaps something to consider, eh guys?

Mario
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 01:31 AM UTC
It is Amusing that the texts for some of the detail images have texts saying
'Correct .....'
Makes me wonder if they are implying that someone elses Neubaufahrzeug might possibly be incorrect in that specific corner ;-)
BR / Robin
ChrisDM
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 01:55 AM UTC
That might just be the translation. DMLs CAD posters are littered with 'accurate'. Its probably the same thing just traslated differently
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That might just be the translation. DMLs CAD posters are littered with 'accurate'. Its probably the same thing just traslated differently

Agree. I wouldn't read too much into that either.

They're just emphasising / claiming that theirs is "correct". Not that others are necessarily "incorrect".

- Steve
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 03:22 AM UTC
I also get the impression that the company name "Amusing Hobby" is a direct translation, and that it sounds better in Japanese. Because it sounds crap in English.

- Steve
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 04:32 AM UTC
May just be a coincidence, but Amusing Hobby could be an off shoot of Modelkasten, as it surely looks like they are using a set of Modelkasten tracks for the kit, and I believe that MK is also made in Japan.

That being said...the instruction sheets look very Dragonesqe.
ChrisDM
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 04:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

May just be a coincidence, but Amusing Hobby could be an off shoot of Modelkasten, as it surely looks like they are using a set of Modelkasten tracks for the kit, and I believe that MK is also made in Japan.

That being said...the instruction sheets look very Dragonesqe.

I thought that about the tracks too, but then Tasca have included MK before

With the instructions it could just be they liked the style and emulated it, or it could be they have recruited people from Dragon, or any number of other things. This hobby has too many conspiracy theories lol
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 04:45 AM UTC
I was just looking at this over on Hobbyeasy. It seems to be an exceptional kit. Definitely have plans for this one.
Red_Tory
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 64 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 05:06 AM UTC
It also looks like there's a rudimentary interior here ... definitely an advantage over the recent DML and Trumpeter releases.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 11:29 AM UTC
You wait all of your life for a kit of the neubaufarzeug and then you get three kits in one year. Just wondering about cost as compared to DML and Trumpy.

Jeff
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 11:36 AM UTC
It's selling for around $49 at Hobbyeasy.. a few $ more than Trumpeter's lit.. and almost $20 less than Dragon's kit.

Hisham
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 11:53 AM UTC
Amazing price on that imo. I like what I see. I really hope everything is newly toiled and not just a repop of older molds like tamiya does. I agree the name sounds bad, but if this company is anything like the other Japanese companies- MK, tamiya, and tasca, I will be very happy. Who knows, they might be the next tamiya!
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 04:14 PM UTC
molds from Dragon or Trumpeter. I read one post on Hisham's other thread about a thought that AH might be somehow related with Trumpeter, just like Cyber Hobby is an offshoot of Dragon.
On a related note, I am sure you can recall many of Tamiya's recent releases are reboxes of other kits. I am hoping that AH dont do the same.

I guess I should have been more clear
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 04:35 AM UTC
I find this announcement mildly 'Amusing' . Actually I am a bit more than mildly excited! I converted Hobby Easy's price and it came to about US $50 (less shipping) which makes it maybe a bit more than Trumpeter's but considerably less than DML's. Will this company be carried by anyone in North America? I hope so. This seems to be an amazing initial release by a hitherto unheard of company - maybe they've been doing previous moldings for other companies, or under a different name. I'm glad I didn't rush off to buy either of the previous releases from the competition. If they (Amusing Hobby) had released this model 6 months ago they would have had a sure fire winner. Unfortunately, even with an excellent looking kit, they are third in line with the Neubaufahrzeug, and, I think, most people who would have been interested in buying the vehicle have already done so, from either DML or Trumpeter. At least they didn't release a Panther or Tiger! I just hope that sales justify their release and encourage Amusing Hobby to produce more original (less covered) vehicles.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 04:42 AM UTC
Me again! Sorry!! I didn't read all of the previous comments and most of what I said had already been covered. tsk..tsk, shame on me!
BomberGunner
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 05:31 AM UTC
I thought it was a p1ss-take when I first saw the poster, with the Engrish descriptions.
I pre-ordered the CH kit when it was announced and thought I wouldn't bother with the other two versions (Trumpy's #1 or DML's 3-5). But this looks great, is probably $20 cheaper than the Dragon version and who knows, if enough of us buy this, the company might survive and bring us more esoteric multi-turreted releases.
The main question I ask is, why are three companies fighting over this limited market share when there's a vast untapped reservoir of modelling money to be made from a Grosstraktor, Vickers Independent A1E1, T-28 and T-35.

Cheers,
Lucien
modellover
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 04:11 PM UTC
good kits
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hi all. LuckyModel has this kit for $49.99 and $13.16 shipping. $63.15 including shipping and handling is a decent price. They don 't convert from yen into dollars..they just give you the dollar price. I just started using them recently and I am extremely happy with their service and prices.

Just thought I'd give a "heads up" to those of you who are serious about buying this kit.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP