_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
DML: 'Barbarossa' German Infantry
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 10:03 PM UTC
When these sets get announced, there's a temptation to throw sobriety out of the window and post them as 'here''s another one, let the festivities commence.' However, this NEW set of 1/35th scale figures from Dragon Models, does look good

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

chrisw
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 04:53 PM UTC
At least it is somewhat refreshing to see some German "in action" figures wearing the standard uniforms that most of the Wehrmacht wore throughout the war, not late-war camouflage smocks or parkas of some sort. I eschew German stuff for the most part but will probably buy these.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

At least it is somewhat refreshing to see some German "in action" figures wearing the standard uniforms that most of the Wehrmacht wore throughout the war, not late-war camouflage smocks or parkas of some sort. I eschew German stuff for the most part but will probably buy these.

Totally agree love the knealing shooter. The box of stick grenades and flares is a real bonus. These can be used late into 43 More of this please! Great news Geraint
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 03:06 AM UTC
Why can't Dragon take their 1:72 scale modern vehicle line up WHICH INCLUDES......"UP- ARMORED HUMMVEES" and some other great vehicles.......but no the bunch two sets of SEALS together and call them..."OPERATION GERONIMO" either knowing they look nothing like the SEALS of today.......it just gives me a headache......the figures are nice and all but REALLY another set of germans
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 03:23 AM UTC
It is good to see DML returning to some figures in action rather than static.
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 04:05 AM UTC
The dude standing with the grenade doesn't excite me at all! The other three though.......I like very much. Very glad to see DML getting more creative with there poses!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Why can't Dragon take their 1:72 scale modern vehicle line up WHICH INCLUDES......"UP- ARMORED HUMMVEES" and some other great vehicles.......but no the bunch two sets of SEALS together and call them..."OPERATION GERONIMO" either knowing they look nothing like the SEALS of today.......it just gives me a headache......the figures are nice and all but REALLY another set of germans

What exactly does this have to do with the subject of this News Report?

No, didn't think so..
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The dude standing with the grenade doesn't excite me at all! The other three though.......I like very much. Very glad to see DML getting more creative with there poses!

I agree about the grenade guy- you'd probably have to position him in cover the way he is on the box, which kind of limits his usage. The others are good though, plenty of uses for them and as Chris said it is nice to see them in normal Wehrmacht gear.

Does anyone now if the small etch sheet that is included in the Gen 2 sets (the one with belt buckles and some straps etc) is included in these normal sets with the Gen 2 gear?
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 03:34 PM UTC
These are some really nice figures but, the really sad part is that the 1/35 crowd is getting all the figures and we braille scalers don't. Dragon in a sence is missing the boat on this subject.
Charlie
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 07:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

These are some really nice figures but, the really sad part is that the 1/35 crowd is getting all the figures and we braille scalers don't. Dragon in a sence is missing the boat on this subject.
Charlie

I'm not a commited braille-scaler (I build a couple a year ) however, I agree with that sentiment (up to a point).

Over the years, i've had several head-to-heads with senior people from Dragon and that is ALWAYS something I strongly suggest as, primarily it would make economic sense.

Saying that, DML aren't the only manufacturer of 1/72nd Scale out there?
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 11:56 AM UTC
I like all the figures actually, the guy with the grenade has a neato kerchief, he could easily fit into an early-mid war pioneer dio....the guy with the signal pistol is quite useful, as well. The others are fairly "classic" poses, omit the gas pouches and this could be slightly later in the war.....
 _GOTOTOP