_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
AFV Modeller latest issue
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 10:01 AM UTC
AFV Modeller has released their November/December issue No61. In this issue of AFV Modeller there are articles by Rick Lawler, John F. Steinman, Emilien Ppen , and David Doyle.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Metal_blast
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 02:12 PM UTC
Hey,

In my opinion, this publication has some of the best print quality I have ever witnessed; most books or magazines you buy do not even come near the quality.

On the other hand, ordering directly from their website is a bit nerve-wracking; I ordered two back issues in May of this year, come 3 weeks I didn't receive anything; I e-mailed them, and got no response. I thought it got lost in the mail or something. Turns out it was mailed from the Netherlands indicated by the stamp of origin on the envelop? Interesting, even though its a UK-based publication?
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 03:35 PM UTC
I haven't had a chance to view AFV Modeller in the hard copy version (subscriptions are a bit pricey for me, but that's my view for most magazines).

I did purchase a PDF article from issue 60 though, on a recommendation of a good friend of mine...and I must say that it's an impressive mag based on that article. Beautiful photos and a nice walk-thru of the build and paint/weathering process.

So...even though I'm too cheap to buy a subscription I'll definitely splurge for an article or two a month...next will be Rick Lawler's from the current issue when it's available.
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 - 12:36 AM UTC
This is the only model mag I buy the layout,pictures and features are second to none
I've every issue from # 4 and I love them!!!!
Andy
 _GOTOTOP