_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Photo-Report: Legend's New Maxx-Pro
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 10:12 PM UTC
Legend Productions have just announced their latest 1/35th Scale FULL kit with the U.S. Maxx-Pro.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 05:39 AM UTC
That is one kit that I would really like to have to hand.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:24 AM UTC
My hat off to Legend.
Not only on the model point of view outstanding job but on the economical point of view, it is a risky decision to release such kit with the new players in the plastic industry ready to release the same vehicle in plastic. The chance are pretty high now to see such kit in Plastic soon.
Good luck with the release.

Cheers
Seb
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:29 AM UTC
I love this one... absolutely fantastic model and I really want one. Kudos to Legend!

Mario
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 09:08 AM UTC
what I really like about the price is that even with a plastic kit, and after all the PE, and the weighted resin tires, and probably resin to add details or correct details a kit will normally cost you anywhere from $100-$150. So I'll take it!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 09:28 AM UTC
I always knew you were a smart guy.
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 09:29 AM UTC
looks great (though kits like that are not for me:P )
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

:D funny guy
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 03:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

:D funny guy

Lol, he has a point

I still will go for this one as well I believe.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 08:03 PM UTC
Can this vehicle be used for E.O.D.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can this vehicle be used for E.O.D.

The short answer is yes it can. It just needs a mine/ pressure plate roller in front. Not as common as RG 31 and 33 for that mission, but it can be. It wouldnt typically be THE vehicle but its possible. I know of units who were trying to find a way to attach the TALON robot directly to the stairs of the rear ramp so they could interrogate things with it. It just leaves an awefully big open spot in the vehicle while it is deploying.
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 03:09 PM UTC
In short, talking with EOD people, the Maxxpro wasn't a vehicle that was best suited for the purpose. The bottom of the floor is so high up off the ground it would be very hard to get bots and gear out effectively.

Like Brian said, it can be used for this purpose, but it wasn't designed for it.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 01:24 AM UTC
Your on point Sean. They are more security vehicles, and people movers. When I was over, our unit was trying to put together a route clearance package and we had a mish mash of vehicles to use. I would GUESS that EOD would be a similar package.... Two Huskies, two or three RG-31s with Eye in the Skies, a Buffalo, and maybe an RG-33 or Cayman for the actual EO equipment. This was in 2009-10, so M-ATVs werent really an option yet. Our unit like I said wanted to retrofit the rear ramp of a Maxx Pro with a slot that the TALON would fit into, but haviing to open the ramp to put the robot down and having it LEFT open while it was deployed was just bad idea.
TacticalSquirrel
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 538 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 03:00 AM UTC
I have talked with some EOD friends, and Brian I think you are confusing the role of EOD with an RCP. This might just be a difference in roles due to our different AO's. I can only speak for Afghanistan, as that was my AO, never been to Babylon. In Afghanistan, you have an EOD team, typically 2-4 guys in one vehicle, normally it was a JERRV, an RG-31 with interogator arm, or on very rare occasions an M-ATV. M-ATV's are a last resort if none of their other vehicles can go where they need to go. JERRV's were the most common. The team in my AO used their RG-31 more often since the JERRV kept getting blown up.

Without going into too much detail, there were no EOD packages, just a security element to protect them and pull security. The SPARK kits and Huskies are all part of that security element and really have nothing to do with EOD. EOD never rolled in Buffalo's, that's what RCP's and 21B's are for. They might work together if they need to though. I can't imagine a MaxxPro being a very good vehicle for EOD, there is no place to put the robots. Cougars, Rg's, etc are far better platforms. Caimans are an Iraq only vehicle, just like M-ATV's are Afghanistan only, so I can't speak to them though I do hear they are like the Cadillac of MRAP's.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 06:11 AM UTC
After reading up on the JERRV ( I didnt know what it was) ... that is the vehicle I most often saw them riding around on ... you are correct.. I am speaking of the RCPs, and what it looks like when the EOD rolls up into them at a site...
 _GOTOTOP