_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Trumpeter stryker
Vriez17
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 04:22 PM UTC
This is my first stryker completed with eduard slat (only second time EVER working with pe... It was not fun to say the least), blast model stowage sets, legend rhino, mig traffic cones, verlindon razor wire, and several scratch items. Feedback welcome Also, sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken with my cell phone the night before the contest (and one after) it's currently on display at my LHS, so I'm not able to take better ones yet.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 08:40 PM UTC
Looks really nice !
Good job on the bent slat here and there showing an operational vehicle.
Congrats for the first place too

Olivier
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:31 PM UTC
Very nice job on the PE. Congratulations on the 1st Place.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 05:49 PM UTC
A well deserved first place
_Viper_
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 163 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 09:23 PM UTC
Outstanding job!

Really great model. Considering it was your second time working with PE and being a noob myself, may I ask you a question? Did you solder the cage or is it all done and assembled with CA glue? Curious because I have been avoiding ROG cages so far under the impression (misconception?) that only by soldering they could be done.

Again, really amazing model! Well deserved.

prophecy
Visit this Community
Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 10:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Outstanding job!

Really great model. Considering it was your second time working with PE and being a noob myself, may I ask you a question? Did you solder the cage or is it all done and assembled with CA glue? Curious because I have been avoiding ROG cages so far under the impression (misconception?) that only by soldering they could be done.

Again, really amazing model! Well deserved.

In the pictures you can see that he uses CA glue.

seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is my first stryker completed with eduard slat (only second time EVER working with pe... It was not fun to say the least), blast model stowage sets, legend rhino, mig traffic cones, verlindon razor wire, and several scratch items. Feedback welcome Also, sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken with my cell phone the night before the contest (and one after) it's currently on display at my LHS, so I'm not able to take better ones

So the slat was build in a night???
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 03:59 AM UTC
Excellent job on the slat armor. All around a great job. Looks like it was a shoe in for first. My dad wants me to build the one in MW2, so he can smash it with a hammer. "Area secure"... except for the 20 Russian we didn't feel like killing.
Vriez17
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 - 08:09 AM UTC
Thank you for all of the kind words.
The slat was built with precision control superglue. I attempted to solder one of the grids and just found it to be way too time consuming. As long as you are patient and bend at perfect 90° angles the eduard goes together amazingly well.
It (slat) was completed over several months, I had just finished up the final touches the night before.
A note for you though, be very careful when handling large chunks of resin stowage, because dropping it on the slat will cause a mini explosion
 _GOTOTOP