_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Now Released: 3 New MiniArt Items
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 03:48 AM UTC
In our continuing 'supplementary' News Reports, here are the latest Releases (i.e. available NOW) from MiniArt Ltd. in 1/35th Scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 06:22 AM UTC
I'll be having a few sets of the tank riders when they hit the shores. The car looks neat too, tempted though.

Good to seem another softskin.

Al
manicmodeler
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 07:21 PM UTC
I checked the sprues from the Miniart website on the British Tank Riders, i am bit disappointed that the helmets are different from the box art, the ones on the sprue are just the plain bare helmets, and not the ones with the camo nets.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I checked the sprues from the Miniart website on the British Tank Riders, i am bit disappointed that the helmets are different from the box art, the ones on the sprue are just the plain bare helmets, and not the ones with the camo nets.

Well, it's not as if there aren't replacements available or, it's not something that it's difficult to add?

Personally, only to give a bit of variation, i'd have preferred Mark III helmets as an option (with the scrim netting) but as they're also easy enough to get hold of...

Just remember that companies like MiniArt are catering to the Allied builder like NO-ONE has done before. I don't think helmets are the issue at all - the fact that they're doing sets like this is extraordinary...
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 11:51 AM UTC
The 170V is the real marvel here since there have been dozenz of variants pre/during and post WWII.

Like the OTP used by the post WWII german police

Or All these variants

Anyone up for a 170V campaign
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 02:46 PM UTC
The riders look great. Am so glad that Allied figures are on the upswing. I suppose they sometimes listen to our rants of "Please no more Germans". Gotta love it.............................
 _GOTOTOP