_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
DML Defending the Reich (Again..)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:33 AM UTC
Dragon Models have just announced another set of 1/35th scale figures. Once again, four figures representing a variety of formations, which, for many modelers, may well represent the strength of the set.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:36 AM UTC
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:44 AM UTC
looks like they are just standing around and not defending anything, but I must say that I have built 2 Gen 2 figures sets and you just cant even compare them to some of Dragons older sets
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 02:01 AM UTC
Looks to be one of those "yet another" sets. But I have to admit that I like the prospect of a gen2 FG42 and G43.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 06:06 AM UTC
Yeah its definetly 'another one of those sets' but I have to say that as is usual with Dragon the poses are good, the sculpting looks crisp and the Gen2 gear in this set is a real plus- a sight for the G43 and an FG-42- although it isn't in the small picture of the 'Gen2 Gear'- I hope it is a Gen2 version as it is a great looking gun.

I still maintain that these sets are good for the AFV builder looking to add a bit of life to a small scene- you have quite a few options with this one set which is quite good.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 06:22 AM UTC
What I like about Dragon's recent releases is their figures are more like four in a box rather than a dio in a box (ala Master Box or MiniArt). This allows me to "mix & match" among sets, rather than more-limited alternatives. After all, if I'm not dio-ing the Korsun Pocket, it might be challenging to use a set so identified with one place or group.
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 06:54 AM UTC
Since I strictly do figures (though I am getting the bug to do a vehicle or two), I really like what Dragon has been doing with these sets. I really like the look of this one too.
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 07:53 AM UTC
YYYYYAAAAAAAA oh wait germans na.
captnenglish
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:08 PM UTC
I would have prefered there was a fifth figure of a wehrmacht or volksturm guy in a non camo uniform.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 03:59 PM UTC
I like this set,It fits the profile of units fighting during the "EndKampf"....a mixed bag of Army,SS,Luftwaffe and Volksturm. I don't know if the tropical trousers and helmet displayed on the box art for the Fallschirmjaeger would be appropriate but you could always paint the trousers and helmet another color I guess. I'll get this sooner or later.

Jeff
Ironmike
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 04:13 PM UTC
typical Dragon quality that we have come to expect. But, this foursome is like so many others they had cranked out. These four are static and waiting for the Russkies to advance.
While nicely done in detail and Gen2 gear, I would rather have a couple of Germans tangling with some Gurkhas or these four creeping along a culvert or some such instead of just 'waiting for the next bus'.
I will probably get a set.
Ironmike
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 09:59 PM UTC
Yo

My favorite subject : Dragon's figure sets !

Just to answer to some others remarks, in my opinion this set is only interesting for armor builder that want a figgy or two to illustrate their Tankies. Too bad Dragon lacks that much of imagination in doing always the same subject.....
Bill when you compare dragon figures with Miniart or Masterbox, for me the only thing that could only make the difference between dragon and those brands is the quality. On all other grounds Dragon lose the leadership. This is confirmed by all the comments on this page : the most common is "cool, some Gen2 equipments and weapons". No one is saying "waouh, what an imaginative set, full of possibilities"..

I won't even comment on the fact that surprisingly the set subject is reich something related...

My 2 cents
Kinggeorges
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 12:01 AM UTC
I think the sniper and the earlier figure from the waffen SS gren set. The one with the heer jacket holding the rifle would make a great sniper team. Dynamic figures are great ,its very difficult to show lots of movement in Dio's. I Like what Dragon are doing Mix and match sets and things get interesting. Cheers Geraint
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 12:15 AM UTC
No wonder the Germans lost. According to DML they just seemed to stand about watching hoardes of Allied storming towards them while they watched an pointed. While these figures do look nice I won't be buying them due to the fact I don't need any standing about doing sod all figures
rossgary
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 09:17 AM UTC
I can see a lot of potential in this set. They look like they could be a good basis for single figure conversions with a little imagination. That's one set sold!
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 07:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if the tropical trousers and helmet displayed on the box art for the Fallschirmjaeger would be appropriate but you could always paint the trousers and helmet another color I guess.

Jeff,

Uniform depicted here was common in the mediterranean theatre, the pose is from some Ron Volstad artwork in the Concord FJ book and shows the tropical trousers with the left thigh pocket. Strictly speaking, these trousers can't really be painted another colour but the helmets were painted to match local terrain.

Have my doubts that the FG42 will be a Gen2 weapon but we can but hope.

Andy
 _GOTOTOP