_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
ICM Hit the Airwaves
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 03:45 AM UTC
ICM Holding has sent us an update on their Henschel 33 D1 Kfz.72, WWII German Radio Communication Truck. Take a look inside for details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 05:28 AM UTC
Thanks, Darren.

I have the IBG Models Kfz. 61 radio truck (and hugely-expensive resin & PE interior set to go with it), so I'm very intrigued by this offering. The quality of the molds will be a question, as well as detailing. Would like to see Aber or Voyager offer some AM PE sets for these trucks, though I realize ICM models are probably rarer in Asia, so that leaves Aber.

In any case, I'll be watching this and probably want to add it to my stash.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 10:37 AM UTC
I noticed some of the sprues are the same as the truck which has already been released and I am doing the Henschel now and purchased a PE set from Part to go with it. This has made it an interesting and slow build but it looks great. Part also has a hood PE set for those wanting to leave the hood open to see the motor. My only regret was not replacing the long plastic brake rods with brass wire.

Like you Bill I will buy it and put it in the stash as I am doing the IBG radio kit with interior now. Just waiting for Eduards already painted German WW2 radio PE set to arrive for it.
 _GOTOTOP