_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya !/35 PzII
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:32 PM UTC
first armour... venerable Tamiya Pz II DAK. Painted two-tone RAL8000/RAL7008 weathered to show one heavily used in the desert....

Build Thread:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/194242&page=2#1649061

Photos:

comments VERY much appreciated
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 08:07 AM UTC
Hi Robert, nice first effort. Looks like a clean build. The flag on the back is very nicely done.

There are, however, a few details that jump out at me from the pictures. The exhaust pipe on the muffler needs to be drilled out. The shovel is too clean when compared to the jack and surrounding area (unless someone just got done using it). The tracks would show more wear. Considering the abrasive nature of most desert terrrain I would expect to see bare metal on the bars.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Robert, nice first effort. Looks like a clean build. The flag on the back is very nicely done.

There are, however, a few details that jump out at me from the pictures. The exhaust pipe on the muffler needs to be drilled out. The shovel is too clean when compared to the jack and surrounding area (unless someone just got done using it). The tracks would show more wear. Considering the abrasive nature of most desert terrrain I would expect to see bare metal on the bars.

thanks Bob - much appreciated. For the tracks, i had them more worn but they looked too "stripey".. have redone with pencil lead and it looks a bit better... for the spade - i could say someone had used it (or perhaps it was a new one) but it was a missed paint job and I have not got round to putting some sand on it... again will have a look as it would probably get a cover of sand in the first dust storm or movement......
 _GOTOTOP