_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
MK35 Figures in an unusual scale
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 08:10 AM UTC
MK35 has released five new figures onto the market covering German forces of World War Two in a very unusual scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 09:28 AM UTC
Good looking figures all the same. I am not too concerned about mixing scales within a reasonable ratio. 1/43 is 11& bigger than 1/48 which converts a 5'8" man into a 6'3" man. That's noticeable yet plausible. So long as the weapons and equipment are the same scale it works. See the difference in these Fallschirm:
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 10:35 AM UTC
I find MK35 a weird company. Their figures are poorly packed with quite poor artwork, reminicent of something that was common in the 70s ... in other words a marketing miss ... because beyond this, a lot of their figures are fantastic. Bought quite a few recently at a nice price as many go by them and are attracted to the better marketed figures. I think if they put a little more effort into the product they could be a serious contender. The figures I bought are right up there with anything all the current major figure producers are doing. Unfortunately their packaging and exposure ... 101 marketing ... let them down (in my opinion).
Id like to see them doing well, but I wonder would those that collect finished models/collectable, be really interested in glueing and painting figures to go with them?
 _GOTOTOP