_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Six Pound Shot from Zvezda
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
British anti-tank fans should find this interesting, Zvezda is re-releasing a gun as a limited edition.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 05:13 PM UTC
Looks like we'll finally have more pieces to haul around behind all the new Allied Truck releases coming.Wanna bet that Tamiya drags out their old kit for a reissue?Bronco? you listening?How about a new bren Carrier?

Mike
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 05:22 PM UTC
Anyone ever built this kit? I'd be interested to know the quality and thoughts on detail/accuracy?

Thanks

Al
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 710 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 06:13 PM UTC
Been looking for one in 35th that isn't an extremely expensive resin one or the inaccurate Tamiya one. Glad to see this one's coming back out.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 07:32 PM UTC
Alan, it is hte best plastic 6 pounder in 35th however that is because it only has to compete with Tamiyas toylike late 6 pdr. it represents the early version of the Mk 1/11 and is a bit light on detail. wasn't bad for the 70's when Max originally released it with the 15CWT. Since then Italeri have used the models as well as Airfix, Tomy, Zvesda and Bilek. If you have seen the Italeri one which they try and pass off as a US M1 then you have seen this. Unlike the superb Orange hobby one which is minutely detailed the Zvesda one is buildable.
Cheers
Al
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 11:39 PM UTC
Concur with Al. It makes me wonder if someone at Bilek hasn't caught wind that another plastic company like Bronco doesn't have a new-mold version upcoming and is trying to squeeze few dollars more before the kit becomes bypassed.

Like Al said, it's buildable -- but in today's age of super detailed and accurate artillery, why not wait until Bronco or AFV Club or DML issues a new one?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Roy, I was hoping for a new version but so far no sign of one coming along, although I'm not in any hurry. Just wanted a few opinions on this one.

Thanks guys.

Al
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 - 05:57 PM UTC
If you don't mind complexity and like a challenge with small pieces then the Orange Hobby M1 57mm can be had for as little as $50 US and it is stunning but beware the complexity makes the Bronco 25 pdr look like the Tamiya 6 pdr. It is a Mk II 6 Pdr with side shields:

I hope if anyone does a 6 pdr it is Miniart and not of Bronco like complexity. Also if Miniart do it they will do a family and different crews. Please Minart - you know you want to do a family of 6 pdrs and crews

Al
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 12:43 PM UTC
Well at least Zvezda is bringing it back....If only one of the big manufacturers and after market barrel people picked up that the 'little guns' have been forgotten about for a long time. What about the 'AIRBORNE VERSION' both US and Brit. Maybe even a muzzle break for the barrel to convert it into a Brit Airborne gun? Anyway I am not rich enough to buy the Resicast versions so I guess I will have to wait...!!!!!
adamant
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 06:11 PM UTC
I had this kit back in the 90's am %100 sure it was originally marketed as 1/32nd it is alot closer in scale to 1/32nd.
 _GOTOTOP