_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Grille Ausf.M (Dragon 6429) WIP
Thirty-Eight-Tee
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 08:38 AM UTC
So I've been away from the hobby for a few years but now I've moved to a new place and I want to get right back into it. Some of my old models were damaged badly during the move and so I've decided to rebuild my favorites, I'm really into the 38(t).

For my first project, I went with DML's Grille Ausf.M kit which I had a lot of fun with the last time around. This time I've got Nuts & Bolts' awesome reference book and Griffon Models' PE set to use.

Up 'till now I've done most of the basics, I'm trying to get the tracks to look good right now. I'll work my way from the bottom up and start adding PE parts soon. I hope this one goes without a hitch!

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC
Welcome back to the addiction. The tracks look perfect. A very nice start. I have comtemplated buying this kit. No pressure, but your build will be the deciding factor.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 11:07 AM UTC
Nice clean build ... it looks like you know what you´re doing. Welcome back to the hobby. Keep the updates coming.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hello Michael,

Welcome back man! Great lookin' kit and nice start. Lookin' forward to your progress.

Gary
Thirty-Eight-Tee
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC
Thanks everyone! This is a very nice kit but sadly I'm moving along a bit slower than I had planned. The PE parts arrived later than I had hoped and I have less spare time. So far I've gotten some hinges done. I left out the interior detail in the driver's compartment seeing as it won't be visible later on. The gun assembly is quite tricky but I was expecting nothing else. Here are a few progress shots:

Next up are the fenders. I hope I can make some real progress this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me, cheers!
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 04:17 PM UTC
You look to have it goin' your way man...looks great so far Michael.

Gary
 _GOTOTOP