_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS
Sd.Kfz.164 Nashorn
Rouse713
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 367 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 08:57 AM UTC

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Rouse713
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 367 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 09:02 AM UTC
Jerry,

I really like your all yellow Nashorn. It is extremely vibrant and lively! The weathering and chipping is tasteful as well.

While you didn't post this in the constructive criticism area, I do have a comment. Did you apply the decals on a glossy surface? From the appearance of the decals, it looks like this was the reason you had some silvering. If you wanted, you might be able to lift the decals, gloss the area, apply new decals, re-flat the surface, and weather to your taste.

Again, don't take my comment the wrong way. I think this is an outstanding model, just a note for the future AFV's leaving the Jackson Factory.
Milites-Christi
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 03:53 AM UTC
Thank you Mark! No offense taken, I'm a life student, so I'm always willing to listen to criticism. You're correct, I did not apply on a gloss surface. I thought my decal set would be enough to eliminate the 'silvernig'. I've applied several dull coats, so I don't think I can remove them now. I'm very humbled by the comments I've received and to be featured on the front web page!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 11:05 AM UTC
Very nice model Jerry. Pity about the silvering as it takes away from an otherwise very nice model. You made a monotone colour look interesting, but I would recommend taking this a step further with personal gear and a splash of colours ... to add some life to the model. A simple base and some colour would give this a huge lift. Then there´s figures!!
JSoltoft
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:06 PM UTC
In general a very successful model. As mentioned above, the monotone colour is great, "Less is more" as they say.
- Johan
Milites-Christi
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 03:33 AM UTC
Thanks so much guys!
PBR_Streetgang
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:19 PM UTC
Jerry, excellent job in standard German yellow! Keep up the good work! I have always like the Nashorn variant, I think it was specifically built for Kursk. I have about three of these out in the garage waiting to be built, in Kursk colors, of course. Can't understand why they didn't put a hull gun on the front. I heard tank commander's used to fire the machine gun down the barrel. BB.
 _GOTOTOP