_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
SA-6 missle color?
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 604 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 11:47 AM UTC
ok..just received a few items for the TSM SA-6 AA kit. I'm looking through photo's and noticed the missiles are typically 2 different colors? I get the -3M rockets wear the white warhead, the -1M has the dark gray.

The question is the use of green bodies w/ a white or very light gray body together? Does the body colors designate something
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:33 PM UTC
Hi Jeff;
Im guessing that you are refering too the DML SA-6 kit in 1/35 ? Many Countrys use the SA-6 Gainful Missile, and it can be found in Many Colors. Plain Green with White Nose Cones is the most common. They are also seen camoflaged in many colors, plain Gloss White is also seen. Training Missiles were often a Solid color or had there fins painted a different color, ie) Dark Grey. Make sure you get the new Decals for them as they are a must.
CHEERS; MIKE.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 01:35 PM UTC
the kit is from Trumpeter that I have...prolly a rebox from DML !

The nose color makes sense to me,but numerous pics show a typical load of 2 green body missile, w/ one gray color body in the center launch rail on the TEL. The gray one had the dark gray warhead of the -1M

heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 01:37 PM UTC
I have the missile decals, they were included in the HAD Models set..was there another set I should look for?

any other markings for the TEL?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 01:48 PM UTC
Hi Jeff;

Sorry, My Bad. Should have said Trump,-
What Senarios are you thinking about. Country, Vehicle Color, Dio,- ERA, Combat theme, etc !

REGARDS; MIKE.
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hey!
What we produce stickers of missiles, rockets and size are correct, upgrade.
Everything described in the kit.
Regards, Gábor Juhász, HADMODELS.

http://www.hadmodels.com/gyermek__es_ifjusagi_20/mesekonyvek_26/135_64/hj35011_3m9mesa_6_missiles_stencils_164

http://www.hadmodels.com/mugyanta_termekek_58/jarmuvekhez_60/135_70/resin35001_3m9mesa_6_missiles_3_pcs_178
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 03:34 PM UTC
I have go to get a set of those for mine Juhász i keep looking and putting it off until I start building the model.
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 - 06:17 PM UTC
It's not Warhead. The explosive charge in front of the air intake.
The small passive radar fairing cover, 3M9ME-gray, and white 3M9M3.
The missile body is dependent on manufacturing, each series varies in shades of green.
Reviews: Set of stickers or upgrading kit contains everything.

Quoted Text

ok..just received a few items for the TSM SA-6 AA kit. I'm looking through photo's and noticed the missiles are typically 2 different colors? I get the -3M rockets wear the white warhead, the -1M has the dark gray.

The question is the use of green bodies w/ a white or very light gray body together? Does the body colors designate something

heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 03:41 AM UTC
Thanks MIke..I'm planning a scene from a pic found online of the TEL sitting in the snow on alert! There's 2 TEL's backed into hedgrow, and looks cool. I'll have to check the markings..

CMOT- I would highly recomend the set..the resin is flawless, and instructions very clear! The missile decal look perfect also

Juge75- I hoped you'd chime in..yes, it was missile body color I asked about. OK..its based on manufacture. I like the color variation it shows on the cover of the WWP book w/ the 2 color missile .

I did find HAD models has another decal sheet for the TEL..still time to order them before the campaign starts!
 _GOTOTOP