_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Before Building
Ideas, concepts, and researching your next diorama.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Afghnaistan "finding the loot"
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 05:27 PM UTC
Hey Everybody,

I am designing a diorama with an academy M1151 and a slew of aftermarket stuff.

The M1151 is a lead vehicle and has discovered an IED and as the foot soldiers are looking they find there bad guy hiding in a house with a bunch of weapons

I plan on using a Meng pick-up as an ANA vehicle with some modified figs as ANA if anybody has pics of this kind of situation please share
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 06:05 PM UTC
I'm not sure how plausible the scenario is. If an army convoy found an IED they would call in EOD to have it rendered safe, they wouldn't get out of the vehicle to investigate it. Getting out of the vehicle puts them in danger especially if the IED is remote controlled. I think removing the IED aspect of the diorama would make it easier to believe.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 09:39 PM UTC
Yes. An EOD unit would be dispatched immediately. Any soldier would be in the wrong to investigate it any further than presuming it is an IED. Don't try to be a hero, just make it back alive.
spartan01
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
thanks you guys I will just have a weapons cash
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 04:26 AM UTC
Naturally, for SF teams you could make an exception. We did not use the Hilux as we had Tacomas, however you could the Hilux as it is fairly close.
We did indeed find an IED in a culvert under a bridge. There were as you might imagine no EOD assets where we were. Our 18C (like the rest of the team, not EOD trained) emplaced a charge on it and blew it in place.
I can send you photos in a few days of me (also not EOD trained) digging up caches of rockets, mines,RPG and mortar rounds if you like. We routinely did this in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some photos may be on my Photobucket account "18bravo_photos" but I cannot access it from this computer.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 04:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Naturally, for SF teams you could make an exception. We did not use the Hilux as we had Tacomas, however you could the Hilux as it is fairly close.
We did indeed find an IED in a culvert under a bridge. There were as you might imagine no EOD assets where we were. Our 18C (like the rest of the team, not EOD trained) emplaced a charge on it and blew it in place.
I can send you photos in a few days of me (also not EOD trained) digging up caches of rockets, mines,RPG and mortar rounds if you like. We routinely did this in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some photos may be on my Photobucket account "18bravo_photos" but I cannot access it from this computer.

Did you receive any training on how to dispose of live ordinance?
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 07:16 AM UTC
I routinely reused it,(even made a video of us launching 107's Taliban style) or stockpiled it on the firebase for eventual destruction by someone else. I remember we found 1000'sor rounds of WWII 7.92 ammo. It was burned.
spartan01
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 06:41 PM UTC
I would love any pics that you guys have
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 03:35 PM UTC
Here's one for a start. That's several hundred pounds of HME on the right. I'm in the middle with the scarf.

_GOTOTOP