_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragon Updates Landungsleger
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 12:27 AM UTC
As previously announced on Armorama, the Panzer Landungsleger is coming from Dragon Models, and we have a few more details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 12:44 AM UTC
Thanks for posting. Hope this comes with a store of pe.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 12:59 AM UTC
Matt

All I have seen listed so far is PE for the road wheels. So I am not sure if there is anymore included or not.

Kevin
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As previously announced on Armorama, the Panzer Landungsleger is coming from Dragon Models, and we have a few more details.

Link to Item

The Landungsleger was more or less the prototype, two built, allegedly.

The Abwurfvorrichtung or, loosely, 'dropping apparatus' (?)a bit bonkers, but hey, the cover can be assembled open!

According to Axis History Forum, up to 10(?) were converted in France, designed to drop 50-75 kg explosive charge on a time fuse,
it certainly doesn't look very well thought out to me...

I have heard of this previously, but at least it existed in double-figures, so it isn't a 'Paper-Panzer' THIS time
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 06:49 AM UTC
Every armor fan (OK, every German armor fan) needs a tiny bomb-dropper on his shelf!

I had always seen this device called a "ladungsleger", but, hey, whatever. It WAS made and used in small numbers (maybe 10 each?) and went to war in France 1940 and again in Barbarossa in 1941. So you can probably legit paint it... gray with or without brown. Probably you would want to add on a white aerial recog patch across the rear deck.

I see the PE rings, so looks like we'll get the newer and better Pz 1 wheels as in the later 1A and 1B-based SmartKits. Also the corrected 1B idler, I think.

I'll bet that this is mostly the Dragon Pz 1B DAK kit with those new wheels and some MagicTracks. I was hoping that there would be some interior, but, from the provided images, I fear not. In fact, it looks like you probably get that Pz 1A turret from D's recent kit - that turret which does not even have complete MG in it - meaning not good for leaving the doors open.

One of the pet peeves I have about D Pz 1B kits is that "he" almost always shows those divets with adjusting bolts in the bogie castings front and back of that side-rail in the box-art (yeah), and never has them inside the box on those parts (blah). Probably this kit will be more of that same-oh same-oh.

But it was made and used (albeit probably not very effectively - imagine having to back your tiny panzer up to a bunker spitting hot lead and dropping your bomb on it...) and it will look cool on a shelf. I'll probably buy one. I was going to build one off of a D Pz 1B DAK kit with scratch boom - now it comes all ready to go!

Bob
Modelltreff
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 04:36 AM UTC
Well done Dragon... Finally something really NEW and still no "BuyItNowEvenItIsExpensiveCauseWhenOutThenOut" Cyberhobby crap.

This one (and its the first new Dragon kit since a very long time...) will find its way into my stash....
 _GOTOTOP