_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 1ST US Cavalry With M113 On The Moon
love_mohinh
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 05:49 PM UTC
_ With M113 and the banana i bilding for dioramas, You can see my work finish : "1/35 1ST US Cavalry With M113 On The Moon"

roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 06:09 PM UTC
Very good!

The bananas are great!
A bit to much drybrushing on the road surface and of course the pictures are to dark, but overall nice work

Claude
love_mohinh
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very good!

The bananas are great!
A bit to much drybrushing on the road surface and of course the pictures are to dark, but overall nice work

Claude

Thank you the pics to dark because i used background black to true with name .... On The Moon
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 01:47 AM UTC
This is wonderful work on everything. The figures and vehicle and groundwork,foliage,ect.
I have one question though. These guys are obviously mech inf or cav as they have a M113 track with them so why are they wearing rucksacks? These would have stayed in the track. What self respecting mech guy would carry a ruck? I speak from experience.
J
Scarlet_Guidon_6
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 11:54 AM UTC
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM GMT
Chau Co or is it Chau am? Love-Mohinh, I find this post and me talking to you interesting to say the least To start you live in Ho Chi Minh City,a place that when I was there was called Saigon. As you can tell I spent several years in your beautiful county. I am glad there is peace there.

Now to be a bit picky. First your diorama is outstanding. I admire your skill.GREAT JOB!
In the III Corps area Quan loi,An Loc, Tay Ninh ,Song Be You had two units,operating. The 1st Cav Div (airmobile) a division sized unit and the 11ACR (Armored cavalry Regiment( a Brigade sized unit. The 11th Acr was there to support the 1st Cav with armor in case the the enemy(then not now) decided to invade down Hwy 13 (Thunder road) towards An Loc the provincial capital) as they did in the early 70s. But we (the 1st cav were in charge of the AO(area of operations)

Now to be picky. I was did 2 tours in Vietnam with the 1st Cav Div(Airmobile), I was an artillery officer serving with the 1 /21Fa,3rd Bde 1Cav.

The only soldiers that wore the Black Stetson hats were with the 1/9th(1st bn 9cav) ,The divisions Air Cav Troop. Cobras,Gunships and Oh-6. They weren't ground ponders so an officer with the Stetson would be highly unlikely.
the other thing is one of the M 113 is marked with the 11th Armored Cavalry Regt. They shared Quan loi with the 1st Cav but were a distinct separate unit, As far as I can recall/and I am getting older its been 43 yrs/ but the 1st Cav did not have M113s with Gatling guns in the field. We would use/get support from the 11th ACR. Unfortunately Hollywood has blurred reality.( Apocalypse Now).We basically flew then walked.
i can still visualize the rubber traas at Qual loi. Here are some photos of the 3rd brigade Fire base at Quan loi.. Then some of Hwy 13.
My spelling is very bad but I hope this old Dai uy now Dai ta has helped.

SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 12:29 PM UTC
I really like the setup! Very nice job on the suspension and tracks adjusting, really looks realistic!

Kind regards, Sven.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 01:18 PM UTC
Looks great. You created a night scene well.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 08:57 AM UTC

Wow! Love the atmosphere of the photos!

You have invested a lot of your time and (big!) talent into this diorama and the result is well worth the investment!

The suspension alone is an element not often seen (because people are reluctant to tackle it ) and it looks quite realistic! Well done!!

The figures are well treated too! I have painted (and converted) these MB figs myself and I must say I find them rather good. I was a little apprehensive about the quality when I saw the pics on the back of the box, but they are really OK!

Your banana trees are fabulous, and the M113s are superb!!

All in all a great diorama!! Congratulations Sir!!

Cheers

Romain

_GOTOTOP